Welcome to Providence Medical Center!
Dedicated to Providing Expert Care, Close to Home
We are committed to making our facility a safe place for care. You can rest assured that we've taken all the steps we can to protect you and those you love. Providence Medical Center is making sure you don't have to choose between safety and getting the care you need in these unprecedented times of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Providence Medical Center, located in thriving Western Wyandotte County near the Legends and I-435, is a community hospital affiliated with Prime Healthcare. Providence is also associated with Saint John Hospital, located in Leavenworth, Kan. More than 1,300 skilled and qualified individuals provide nursing, medical and support services at both locations. The dedicated and experienced staff, along with 275-plus devoted volunteers, serves the health needs of Wyandotte, Leavenworth and northern Johnson counties and surrounding areas by providing expert care, close to home.
Carries out all policies and procedures established by the Governing Board consisted with the philosophy and practices of the Hospital. Responsible for planning, organizing and influencing department activities and assuring financial records of the Hospital are maintained following generally accepted accounting standards.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance or closely related field.
- Extensive knowledge of Health Care Accounting practices and principles.
- Progressively responsible position in the Accounting profession.
- Familiarity with computer accounting programs.
- CPA preferred.
- Membership and active participation in ACHE and/or other professional organization preferred.
- Five to seven years experience in hospital accounting/finance required; two years in management preferred.
- Management of hospital financial issues related to budgeting, cash management, capital finance, and performance evaluations.
- Knowledge of insurance matters, regulations, reimbursement, information systems and plant operations.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: [ Link Removed ]