Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sistersof Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-servicehospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advancedclinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providencebecame part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changedits name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of itsservices. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ,Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health is looking for a RN48 to join our Float Pool for the Downtown Campus. Nurses in the Float Poolassist the multiple floors/units throughout the hospital.
TheRN 48 position requires the individual work at least 48 hours during one payperiod.
Formore information about the physicians and services provided by Providence Health, [ Link Removed ]
- Assessespatient's status within identified functional health patterns, ie management ofhealth, growth and development, oxygenation, activity, etc.
- Assessesfamily status as it impacts the patient.
- Identifies,based on assessment data, appropriate nursing diagnosis or collaborativeproblems which can be addressed through nursing interventions. Makes nursingjudgments based on findings.
- Identifieslearning needs through assessment of patient knowledge. Plans and coordinatesteaching methods and content to achieve desired outcomes.
- Planscare collaboratively with family/patient, physicians and other health care teammembers. Prioritizes and delegates to health care team appropriately.
- Initiatesan individualized nursing care plan and evaluates variances to expected course.
- Interpretsclinical findings and correlates with patient's condition. Identifiespatient/family responses to treatment and continually evaluates effectivenessof care.
- Revisesthe care plan based on evaluation of effectiveness in achieving outcomes.
- Coordinatesand assures completion of care as ordered by physicians and as planned in thenursing care plan.
- Assumesresponsibility/accountability for the plan of care.
- Consultswith physicians regularly regarding patient progress. Collaborates with themedical staff regarding appropriateness of daily and routine orders based onchange in the patient's status.
- Facilitatesthe smooth transition of care when a patient is transferred to anotherunit/facility.
- Isknowledgeable of patient's status during entire length of stay on the patientcare unit/or service line.
- Demonstratesresponsibility for achievement of identified patient outcomes.
- Demonstratescompetence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment for thepatient populations admitted to the patient care unit/service line.
- Demonstratesclinical skills necessary to support and assist attending and consultingphysicians.
- Demonstratesknowledge of events, activities and changes in policies and proceduresaffecting practice.
- Ensuresthat care is delivered to assigned patients in accordance with medical ordersand nursing standards and is documented in clinical records and on plans ofcare.
InpatientAreas: One year experience preferred.
Graduateof an accredited school of nursing.
AssociateDegree in Nursing or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
[SouthCarolina, United States] Registered Nurses
CurrentSC RN license in good standing required.
BLS& ACLS & PALS certification required.
Infusionpumps (I-VACS, PCAs...)
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.