Preferred Solutions Group (PSG) is a woman owned business based in Washington, DC that is uniquely qualified to serve small businesses and corporations alike as they seek to address shifting personnel needs in an ever changing environment. An established part of the Washington, DC community, PSG has maintained effective and successful relationships with a diverse group of companies and federal agencies since its founding in 1987.
We are currently looking for an experienced Executive Assistant .
- Coordinate the day-to-day office operations, including, problem and conflict resolution, organization and prioritizations of tasks; respond to written communications.
- Read and prioritize email communications and office tasks
- Update and maintain staff calendars; coordinate all meeting materials and provide to the staff prior to the meeting.
- Set up and coordinate remote and live meetings and events for the office; query for attendees’ schedules; reserve conference space; ensure that room, WebEx and other communication applications (i.e., Zoom, Skype, Teams), and/or conference line is set up correctly and all materials are available for the meeting; make name badges, sign-in sheets and other ways to account for attendance; take meeting notes and document major meeting findings or actions; provide meeting minutes within one week after the meeting occurs.
- Serves as back up for the office to reserve Building and NIH conference rooms, as requested
- Provide parking stickers for visitors as needed; track parking sticker use and reorder within the parameters decided by the IC.
- Ensure that all shared office space and equipment (i.e., copier, conference room, supply room, etc.) are in working order to meet daily business needs.
- Manage inventory and order office supplies and equipment with the parameters decided by ONR Leadership; coordinate equipment maintenance; ensure that all commonly used machines (i.e., printers, scanners) are in working order and supplied with paper and toner.
- Back-up Property Custodian for ONR.
- Back-up Purchasing Online Tracking System (POTS) Requester. Prepare procurement requests with the proper justifications and supporting documentation through the NIH POTS system.
- Update and maintain the emergency contact information and staff listing.
- Work with the Office of Research Facilities and/or Office of Research Services and others in the Office of the Director and NIH to coordinate any building maintenance, repairs or renovations.
- Submit Help Desk tickets to remediate IT or phone or other communications issues.
- Maintain files according to the ONR internal policies and principles.
- Create spreadsheets, word documents, slides and other documents for the office.
- Ensure successful execution of projects and provide updates on project progress to Leadership; ensure that projects stay on task and reaches its goals and objectives.
- Serves as a liaison to ONR or other NIH staff on various projects.
- Coordinates with and acts as back up to other program support assistants across DPCPSI, the OD, and the NIH.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with some background with medical terminology
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting senior level staff
- Knowledge of NIH policies, procedures and policies.
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to engage and communicate with multiple stakeholders who may be more senior
- Outcomes oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and MS Project)
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization and style.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
**Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.**