Point is a new kind of spending experience; one that rewards you for spending what you have, actively encourages you to avoid overspending, and never charges interest or hidden fees. We’re going after a multi-trillion dollar opportunity to deliver transparency and shake up the world of consumer payments.
We’re looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to join our small but mighty team of passionate and collaborative folks. We just launched Point to the public in November and we’ve already been ranked as a top finance app in the App Store, processed millions in transaction volume, and cultivated an enthusiastic community of early adopters. Additionally, we're backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures), Y-Combinator.
- You'll have the opportunity to work alongside a lean and highly-talented team. One of our co-founders designed the interface of the first iPhone and we launched and scaled to millions of dollars in transactional volume with a team of 2.5 engineers — ask us about it.
- Our team is super collaborative and transparent. You have impact across the entire company from new product features, internal tools, or jamming on a marketing idea — no shortage of things to work on.
- We're well-funded and supported by top investors — we're backed by the same investors behind companies like Airbnb, Stripe, Notion, and many others.
About The Role:
This Senior Mobile Engineer will be a product oriented Engineer that is excited to own and manage the front-end code base as a primary contributor. Ideally, this new team member will have an understanding of the demanding nature of working in an early-stage startup environment and a demonstrated track record of shipping high-quality production code using React Native, Typescript and GraphQL.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Design to build impressive experiences for users.
- Integrate GraphQL end points into mobile app.
- Translate Zeplin designs into the mobile app.
- Refactor code and improving the overall user experience.
- 3+ years experience in mobile app development.
- A very strong grasp of connecting frontend code with backend APIs.
- Fluency in React Native. Prior experience with Swift, Obj-C or Java preferred.
- A strong passion for creating innovative UI interactions.
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team with an emphasis on interacting closely with designers and design engineers.
Bonus Points (no pun intended):
- Experience with native mobile app development using Swift/Obj-C or Java/Kotlin.
- Experience creating fluid, GPU accelerated motion interactions.
We're built in:
- React Native
- Apollo Client (GraphQL)
- Jest testing framework
- Opportunity to be a part of a brand that is creating a new standard of financial services and entering at the ground floor of a fast growing, mission-driven company.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points
- Monthly stipends for continuous learning, health & wellness, and commuting.