About the role
What's an average day like?
The clients you'll work with are exclusively Life Sciences Organizations and Capital Management firms (Venture Capital, Private Equity, or Hedge Funds). These clients are very friendly and enjoyable to work with. Pliancy prides itself on working with clients who respect our team and expertise. You're treated as one of their own, not as an outside individual. You'll get to collaborate with teammates to solve interesting, important challenges, all of whom have a passion for technology and helping people. If you love innovating, building relationships, and socializing with fellow team members, you'll love our culture.
A typical week is a mix of four-hour and eight-hour scheduled consulting hrs (remote during COVID, on-site after) with your primary clients, researching solutions, implementing projects, using technology to improve process and workflows, improving documentation, training users, and responding to ad-hoc requests. You'll also enjoy catered lunches onsite or meet up with teammates nearby for meals and coffee. When not scheduled at your clients' sites, you may drop in at the local office to collaborate with a coworker on pending issues. The remainder of the time is spent with the team on internal solutions, special projects, ticket escalations, and learning new technologies.
Who are we looking for?
You're an attentive, sociable person who loves connecting with the people you support and working in a team environment. To you, clients are people, not cases to solve — you build relationships, and as a by-product, you build trust. Few things make you feel better at the end of a workday than helping your team work swiftly and efficiently toward a common goal. You look out for your people and they’re grateful for your responsiveness. You enjoy solving business problems through the clever use of emerging technologies, often pioneering the adoption of these tools.
- Driving the adoption of forward-thinking technology in a rapid-growth environment
- Identifying unique cutting edge solutions to business problems leveraging technology
- Providing high-touch, white-glove support to executives, executive assistants, and staff
- Troubleshooting day to day technical issues and assisting with daily requests
- Creating new users, configuring laptops, and setting up their desks/workstations
- Training and assisting on use of tools and technology to meet business needs
- Documenting assets, configurations, passwords, processes, etc. and maintaining current and accurate documentation
- Assisting with office moves, upgrades, and AV deployments
Requirements (these are recommendations, not requirements - we review all applicants)
- Soft skills (personality, relationship-building, communication, stress management)
- Experienced and comfortable supporting executive teams
- 5+ years of general IT support experience
- Extensive macOS and Windows Desktop experience
- Extensive GSuite / Google Workspace experience
- Experience with cloud ID services eg Okta and MFA providers such as DUO
- Addigy/Jamf/Intune MDM (Device posturing) experience
- Excellent understanding of security and privacy technologies and methods
- Working Knowledge of Active Directory / Azure AD
- Experience with Common SaaS Offerings (including but not limited to Microsoft365 / Box / Dropbox / Egnyte)
- Working functional knowledge of Public Cloud (Particular emphasis on IaaS and PaaS Technology) [AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure]
- Aptitude (Ability to learn new technologies quickly)
- Troubleshooting (Ability to work through issues methodically)
- Ability & willingness to properly document processes and assets
- General understanding of network fundamentals including wireless mesh networks
- Incredible sense of pride and passion for what you do and a desire to help your teammates
- Authorization to work in the USA for any employer. We do not sponsor visas.
Nice to have
- Prior experience supporting Capital Management (VC/PE/Hedge) or Life Sciences Firms
- Experience implementing Compliance Controls (eg HITRUST or SOX)
- Video-conferencing/AV experience (Zoom)
- PowerShell & Scripting
- VoIP Support & Management
- Generous salary, above-average pay ($90K-$120K dependent on experience)
- “Cadillac” healthcare: Anthem Blue Cross Gold Plan (Premiums 100% covered for employees, 50% for dependents)
- Medical HRA: Company-funded reimbursement account to help cover copays, deductibles, and coinsurance
- Dental and vision coverage
- 401K + 6% company matching (available from your first day)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness reimbursement up to $100 per month
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Home internet reimbursement
- Commuter benefits