Professional Services Engineer
Want to work with fearless innovators, visionaries, and community-minded people who challenge the status quo? We do too.
Plex is more than a software company — we’re a team of disruptors who are driving innovation and unlocking the promise and value of smart manufacturing.
It isn’t a trend or a moment, it’s a movement. And we’re leading it, but we can’t lead it alone.
That’s where you come in.
Plex Systems, Inc.® delivers the first smart manufacturing platform, helping the world’s leading innovators to make awesome products.?Built in the cloud, the Plex Smart Manufacturing Platform includes MES, ERP, supply chain management, Industrial IoT, and analytics.
We believe that anything that can be made can be made better, and we are focused on finding the right people to help us achieve the big important tasks ahead.
Is that person you?
In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Professional Services Engineer to join our Technical Services team. As a Professional Services Engineer, you will have a front-line role in helping Plex deliver product, service, and value to Plex customers. Your role is hands-on, and you must wear many hats. You will work in the Professional Services team alongside Plex technical services engineers, delivery consultants, solution architects, devops, product engineers, support services, sales teams, customer success teams, and more.
Preferred location is Troy, MI but highly qualified remote candidates will also be considered. Potential of up to 10% travel in future as needed.
WHAT’S YOUR IMPACT?
- Lead the gathering and documenting of requirements from customers
- Create technical design documents and technical design specifications
- Provide scoping and estimates of professional services work to pre-sales teams
- Work on development of custom solutions including design, database schema, performance, and quality
- Develop technical articles and documentation
- Support quality assurance testing and software development team best practices
IS IT IN YOU?
- 5+ years of professional services experience (or 3+ with a computer science or related bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of experience with SQL
- 2+ years of experience with Object-oriented programming such as C#
- Consulting experience implementing an ERP/MES system is a plus
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Ability to guide Customers to the best solution
- Aspire to become a Technical Lead
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. Our inviting culture fosters collaboration, innovation, and motivates team members to take on important work, every day.
In addition to all the benefits you’d expect from a world-class company like ours, we also offer Day 1 benefits, career growth and professional development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, unlimited paid time off, a wellness allowance to support your family’s well-being, sustainable work-life balance, and flexibility. Our multiple office locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary snacks and drinks, and “de-stress areas” complete with amenities in some locations like massage chairs, golf simulator, ping pong tables and more.
Plex values the power of diversity and inclusion – it isn’t just a talking point for us. It drives our business and fosters fresh thinking, and is reflected in the individuals we hire, and the culture and community we’ve built to support them, such as our Women@Plex and Pride@Plex groups. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants of all types and from all backgrounds. Plex urges our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate the differences among people.
SOUND LIKE YOUR DREAM JOB?
EXCITED ABOUT PLEX BUT NOT THE RIGHT GIG?
Don’t despair – your perfect fit is on its way! Stay connected, sign up for job alerts or submit a general application on the Plex Careers page.