Planview App Administrator
Location: Dallas TX (Mostly Remote, but will require some travel to Dallas after shutdowns are over)
Duration: 6 months, potential contract-to-hire
Planview Application Admin
Summary: The Application Admin is responsible for maintaining, upgrading and enhancing the Client's Technology Project and Portfolio Management System (Planview Enterprise One). The ability to work in an agile environment, diagnose and resolve problems quickly, and communicate and collaborate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams are necessary skills in this role. The Planview Application Admin will need to become knowledgeable quickly about the system’s current configuration and the Oncor technical environment and processes to ensure the technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently and business objective are attained.
• Monitor performance and maintain application servers compatible with underlying O/S across all environments and according to requirements
• Troubleshoot, trace and resolve issues and outages across all environments in adherence with SLAs and application availability.
• Lead technical efforts related to new system releases and models
• Work closely with Portfolio Management Office (PMO) to understand business priorities, requirements and solution roadmap for new capabilities and enhancements
• Respond to requests received by functional user(s) in timely manner
• Work collaboratively with developers, architects, administrators and other technical support teams to design, test and deploy system changes/enhancements across all environments with an understanding of impacts
• Take an active role in the exploration and delivery of automation use cases within Planview and integrated systems.
• Perform SQL administration, scripting and reporting (SSRS and PowerBI)
• Provide support in Quality Assurance testing (Unit/Integrated/UAT) for Stories/Bugs/Tasks
• Develop and maintain all supporting technical documentation (ex. design specifications, test cases and scenarios, manuals, deployment plans),
• Appropriately document all changes and tasks in JIRA
• Follow all Oncor policies and procedures including but not limited to Access, Cyber and Change Management
• Deliver within the SAFe agile and dev/ops methodology.
• Provide recommendations on improvements, resolutions, changes and upgrades.
• Collaborate with vendor support when needed
• Other duties as assigned by stakeholders or leadership
• 5+ years of experience as a Planview PRM Architect (version 15.0+)
• 2+ years of experience with SQL database server and .NET web application on IIS
• 1+ years of experience with SQL management studio and SQL reporting services (SSRS)
• 1+ years of experience developing, deploying and supporting PowerBI reporting services
• 1+ years of experience with network protocol analyzing tools (ex. Fiddler, Wireshark), Microsoft Report Builder, Remote Desktop, and JIRA (preferred)
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
• Experience supporting on premise Planview PRM solutions (preferred)
• Experience with programming languages (Ex.) Java, Python, or C# (preferred)
• Experience in 24/7 Production Support Environment (preferred)
• Proven excellence with enterprise engineering technologies and deliverables
• Internal knowledge of Planview Database and Data Mart schema
• Strong ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse and remote teams, including application development, testing, security and compliance, and project management, as well as functional customers and external vendors
• Ability to communicate all aspects of job requirements, including the creation of formal documentation
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency in completing tasks and resolving issues to deliver quality solutions on time and within budget
• Strong problem solving, time management and organization skills