At Picnic we care about health and safety, so currently all interviews are done online and our team is working from home. We keep a close eye on the developments around Covid-19, and support your relocation to Amsterdam when it is safe to do so. It is possible to start working remotely with us - have a peek at how the remote onboarding is going here.
Picnic is an app-only supermarket. We’re data driven with software at our core. Our world-class developers write immaculate code to support the world’s fastest growing supermarket. We’re on a quest for like-minded people to be part of the future of digital grocery shopping.
? Where you fit in
Our developers are highly involved and essential to each part of our company. From route planning, scaling our customers’ analytics to handle enormous chunks of data, to calculating how many bananas we should have in our warehouse on a Thursday – our teams write, plan, and predict.
As one of our Python engineers, you grab ownership of projects, grow, and work collaboratively with your colleagues. You design, test, evolve, and evaluate the nuts and bolts of our operation while offering a creative and analytical approach. You feel at home writing platforms and display an intricate understanding of how each line of code fits into a business plan.
At Picnic your skills will be complemented with the latest tech and our diverse projects will keep you challenged and motivated. From designing, developing, and testing new user-facing features, to optimizing supply chain systems and improving the scalability and security of our platform: you’ll be managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables, while finding yourself fully immersed in an engaging startup culture.We don’t hide what we do. Instead, we open-source with the community that helped us grow. Here’s proof: http://picnic.tech
? What challenges await you
- Design, develop, and test software for our platform
- Create high-quality code that is scalable, reliable and reusable
- Help our analysts with any engineering questions or challenges they may face
- Analyze and improve the scalability and security of our Python platform
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
?? Who you are
- You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or just very relevant experience
- You have outstanding Python skills (with at least 2 years of experience)
- Creating and maintaining Python packages is a hobby of yours
- You have experience with Docker
- You have a good understanding of relational databases and SQL
- You know when to use NoSQL solutions like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and RabbitMQ
- You feel comfortable building microservices
- You know your ways around CI/CD
- ...and you don't mind collecting bonus points with your Kubernetes skills
?? Technologies you'll use
- Python 3.7/3.8
- Pipenv and Git
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Travis CI
Hungry for more? Check out https://stackshare.io/picnic-technologies for an overview of our tech stack.