The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Designs and plans network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Conducts cost/benefit analysis and provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Responsible for monitoring network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options. Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network. Advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. May be assigned responsibility for the management of the systems administration function, including associated staff.
Secure Voice Engineer responsibilities include:
- Patch, update and maintain bare metal and virtual servers
- Generate ROM and basic site design documentation
- Draft/coordinate/review Scope of Work for adds, moves, changes
- Draft/coordinate/review Solution Requirement Document(s)
- Participate in Project Status Reviews
- Participate in Engineering Peer Review meetings
- Review and respond to trouble tickets (Tier I-III)
- Generate Provisioning Documents
- Participate in Acceptance Review activities--including Voice System Acceptance Testing
- Assist team and other VoIP support organizations in troubleshooting efforts
- Conduct switch translations, planning, and modifications
- Check work request/ticket system for requests, tasks, trouble tickets
- Support Special Requirements Project Manager (Q&A)
- Manage secure network number plan
- Manage secure network routing plan
- Monitor Partner Community dial plan routing
- Check voice system alarms and outages
- Update technical voice system and services documentation, as necessary
- Participate in consultation meetings with customers and other technical organizations
- Participate in O&M and Engineering weekly meetings--including weekly IC conference calls
- Generate/manage final deployment requests for O&M activities
- Perform installations/upgrades of voice systems
- Generate BOM comparisons
- Participate in Site Surveys
- Conduct integration testing of voice systems
- Conduct research of new voice service products/capabilities; attend vendor demos
- Review spare part inventory
- Perform voice system capacity planning, along with reporting and growth projections/requirements
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Avaya applications, including: Communications Manager; System Manager; Session Manager; Voice Portal; Experience Portal
- Session Border Controllers (SBCs)
- Working knowledge of H.323 and SIP protocols; call routing translations
- ESCi Virtual Server hosting products (e.g., VMWare)
- Local travel required
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an [ Link Removed ] Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).