About Us: Personal Capital, an Empower Company, is a remote-delivery, industry-leading digital wealth management company that helps people transform their financial lives through technology and advisory services. In 2020, Personal Capital joined Empower Retirement, the nation’s second-largest retirement services provider, to continue the mission to disrupt the traditional $30 trillion U.S. wealth management market. Our state-of-the-art tools and technology provide investors with a complete financial picture, utilized by over 2.8 million customers. Our registered investment advisors offer expert guidance and customized strategies based on a personal understanding of an investor’s financial picture and goals. Personal Capital currently manages over $16 billion in assets, virtually delivered from offices across the U.S.
The Opportunity: ?You will have the opportunity to work on our award-winning apps, work with a team that will inspire you, and help create products that truly add value to our users. Personal Capital’s mobile team is small and runs fast. Our team works with the latest in mobile technology so you’re always working on something new. This is your chance to be a member of a team where you can see your work make a significant impact not only at Personal Capital but also on the financial lives of our users.
The Candidate: You need to understand aesthetics and how to convert code and design into a great user experience. You need to be a self-starter who can collaborate with multiple teams to develop features on time. You may not be a perfectionist but you are ready to iterate upon multiple concepts to find the best solution. You need to have a voice and use that voice to collaborate with the team on solutions and ideas for upcoming features. This is not an easy job, but you will be able to work on stimulating projects that will keep you growing technically while also providing our users a way to increase their financial knowledge through the apps created.
Responsibilities: Develop rich, interactive customer experiences for deployment on Android devices. Utilize data visualizations to implement real-time financial information optimized for the mobile environment. Collaborate on the architecture, design, and development process for Android applications. Deliver solid code backed up by UI automation and unit-tests.
- 5+ years of Android professional experience
- Successfully developed and deployed at least 1 native Android application that showcases a rich, interactive user interface and utilizes client-server communication.
- Expert level experience developing Android applications in Java using Android Studio and the Android SDK.
- Ability to complete projects completely in code without XML layouts.
- Experience developing for multiple platforms and screen sizes.
Experience in any one or more of the following areas is a plus, but not required:
- Experience with Kotlin development
- Android automation using Espresso
- The desire to grow professionally with a small, focused team in a fast-moving company.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field