Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. Through our partnership with Barstool Sports, we are hoping to continue to launch our online sportsbook and icasino across the US. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
Formed from the recent acquisition of HitPoint Studios, Penn Game Studios has more than 10 years of experience in the video game industry. We're a team of about 30, comprised of highly-skilled designers, artists and engineers with a passion for creating and enabling new play patterns through innovative design and technology.
Penn Interactive is hiring full time software engineers for a key role in architecting, implementing and maintaining our online real money gambling games.
- Write production ready Go code for our REST and Socket servers.
- Use PostgreSQL, and Redis search data stores.
- Work closely with client engineers and designers to implement endpoints.
- Manage tasks and communicate with producers and teammates.
- Read and implement probability models from mathematicians.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or five years of software engineering experience
- Experience with our technical stack: PostgreSQL, Redis, Python, Linux, Git
- Strong understanding of scalable server architectures
- Strong understanding of threads, microservices, and distributed locking
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams to solve technical problems with practical constraints
- Experience in Go, Java, C++, or C# required
- Position may require licensing in applicable states that PI operates. If so, you must qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
Something to leave you with
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our team members stay healthy and safe. Some of our competitive benefits include:
- Flexible paid time off options and holiday time
- A multi-carrier marketplace that has a wide array of medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K saving & matching program
- Collaborate and flexible working environments