Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. Through our partnership with Barstool Sports, we are hoping to continue to launch our online sportsbook and icasino across the US. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
We are looking for a Senior Production Support Engineer (PSE) to join our SRE team and work cross-functionally across engineering, while being at the front lines, tackling production issues and supporting our cloud environment to ensure all production processes run efficiently. We’re looking for excited individuals who want to be immersed in our AWS cloud environment, and believe in our focus on Availability, Reliability and Durability.
- Being part of our on-call rotation to ensure the availability of our service.
- Support the SRE team in the development of workflows, bug triage, roadmaps and multi-project updates.
- Develop and maintain internal tools and services to monitor production jobs to ensure they execute as expected.
- Proactively monitor application and infrastructure alerts and be able to react quickly.
- Build automation around monitoring/alerting to improve mean time to acknowledge or help the stack self-heal
- Identify weaknesses and support and dive into fixing them
- Work closely with our vendors after incidents to help resolve and support escalation
- Assist other teams as issues present themselves in either their code base or infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience working within production support, production support issues, and how to remediate in a timely manner
- 4+ years of linux experience and supporting container solutions using Docker, ECS, or Kubernetes (K8S)
- 2+ years of AWS cloud experience
- Strong experience with troubleshooting, triaging, and Incident reporting
- Experience working with applications requiring compliance audits
- Must qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
- Position requires licensing in applicable states that PI operates, which is subject to change.
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our employees, through a private exchange which allows our team members the ability to choose from several coverage levels and insurance carriers (both local and national carriers). Along with medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage, there are also voluntary plans available to employees. PI also offers our employees office perks such as free catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in the office.