Where children matter most! A provider of home healthcare services, Texas Kids Home Therapy, a Pediatric Home Healthcare company is a Pediatric Therapy and Skilled Private Duty Nursing Agency. We value children’s well-being and are guided by our ethical and moral standards in every detail of our business. We demonstrate this through our continual transparent communication with the families of our patients and our commitment to hiring benevolent and hard-working employees in both the field and office.
A registered professional who provides therapeutic techniques for the rehabilitation of patients with feeding and swallowing disorders as well as speech, language, hearing, and cognitive disorders. Provides coordinated care to pediatric patients. Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans to restore or maintain patient well-being. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team. Participates in clinical and written feeding and swallowing competencies implemented by the company to maintain highest standards of quality. Duties include:
- Perform clinical assessment to identify patient needs and appropriateness of patient.
- Document, prepare/revise and complete a Plan of Care, progress notes, phone orders and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Analyze patient needs and administer appropriate care as ordered by physician.
- Collaborates with other team members, when applicable, in the performance of patient care that is consistent with patient’s needs and desires.
- Applies concepts of infection control and universal precautions in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients.
- Uses effective interpersonal relations and communication skills; facilitates the use of these skills by other team members to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Evaluate, diagnose and treat feeding, swallowing, speech, language, and communication disorders.
- Meets mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency/licensing board which includes clinical and written feeding and swallowing competencies implemented by the company to maintain highest standards of quality.
- Provides appropriate plan, treatment, and evaluation for feeding, swallowing, speech, language, and cognitive disorders with appropriate tests and measurements. Maintain pertinent records of specific tests performed and progress made.
- Educate patient/family concerning patient deficits, ways to facilitate communication, and appropriate discharge plans through family members.
Education & Experience
- Education: Masters’ Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited college or university.
- Licensure: Current Texas State License in Speech-Language Pathology, Certificate of Clinical Competence from American Speech-Language Hearing Association. Current Texas driver license.
- Experience: One-year experience in pediatric setting preferred.
- Skills: Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice. Good interpersonal skills.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation and valid auto liability insurance.
Eligible employees that join our Elite Therapist Program, your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a full range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Vacation accrual
- Plus more!