PayPay is looking for an SRE/Platform Engineer to work on our payment system to deliver the best payment experience for our Japanese customers.
The mission of our SRE team ( we call "Platform team" at PayPay) is to build and architect stable infrastructure so that we can provide secure service to all the customers with our highest speed.
Our number of transactions as well as users have been increasing day by day since our first product release. The infrastructure/system has to be capable of scale-out, and we need to always consider room for the growth.Since Paypay's system is a highly mission-critical, handling payment solutions - our top priority for the system is to be able to provide stable service.
From risk-hedge perspective, it is important to assure our infra is maintained properly with high level of usability so that even if our instances get down, we can continue our service.
Our current phase is not yet "maintenance" phase - as a SRE engineer, you will be required to architect the whole system in a scalable manner with employing a variety of technologies.
- Architect, maintain and tune our PayPay infra system with the following tech domains:
? We rotate roles and responsibilities among those tech stacks, and you will be able to experience a wide range of technologies.
?Tech Stack ?We select the best combination of tech at times.
| Python, groovy, HCL(, yaml)
| MySQL/AuroraDB, TiDB, DynamoDB, ELK, Kafka, Redis, nginx, envoy, openresty
| Docker, Kubernetes, ArgoCD, Argo rollouts, Prometheus, Artifactory, AWS, GCP
| Github, Github actions, Jenkins, terraform, ansible, about microservices, about 12 factors app, grpc, gitops
| NLQL, PromQL, Kibana, Bigquery
| Slack, Zoom, Confluence, JIRA, F2F
- Minimum of 3 years of professional administration experience with at least one or few of the following :
- RDS (e.g. MySQL, Aurora)
- NoSQL (e.g. Redis, Elasticsearch, Cassandra)
- MQ (e.g. Kafka)
- Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Automated monitoring
- Performance tuning
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience with one or more configuration management tools, such as Terraform, Ansible
- Working knowledge of git and CI/CD tools
- Motivated to work with the platform and infrastructure for modern system using micro-service architecture
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Contribution to open source projects
- Application Review (1-2 weeks)
- HR and Team will review your resume
- Code challenge (online)
- Coding Test will be sent via Hirevue system
- It takes 3-4 hours (max) to complete
- If you need to extend the due date, please contact HR
- Interviews (online)
- 2-3 rounds of online interview(s)
- Live Coding could be requested
- Please make sure the reason you applied to PayPay (Why Fintech? Why Startup? Why PayPay?)
- Job Offer
- Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we cannot sponsor working VISA to Japan. However as a temporary solution, you may be able to start working with us as an individual contractor. Please discuss with your recruiter about this opportunity.
- Once the COVID-19's over, we will ask all employees in overseas to relocate to Japan. We will fully support your relocation.
*Relocation to Japan
[Corporate Blog] https://about.paypay.ne.jp/corporate-blog
[Product Blog] https://blog.paypay.ne.jp