Project Manager – Transportation Infrastructure – Chicago, Illinois ( Schaumburg)
· Working with us means being with a global team that has worked on award-winning programs and embraces new technologies to keep us at the forefront of the transportation market. You can aspire to be a key player on some great projects and have confidence in growing your technical expertise, because of our commitment to you and our financial strength to provide programs that support your career. Our teams are involved in some of the most innovative programs in the world, addressing the large challenges of today and shaping the transportation corridors for generations to come. We provide a workplace that encourages your development, growth, flexibility, and creativity and are looking for highly technical personnel to work on projects in various states. Our company culture embraces diversity, inclusion and overall work-life balance
Parsons is adding a Project Manager to our Roadway team in our East Central Region to focus on projects in Illinois and Iowa. We have had many recent exciting wins for the Illinois Department of Transportation including multiple major river crossing projects. We need people to be a part of these exciting projects and to help us expand our foothold with other local clients.
We offer the flexibility to work entirely remotely initially, and flexible options for the future. We are open to a range of experience in this role – so whether you have 12 years or 20+ years, let’s talk!
Our new project manager will lead roadway projects for clients such as IDOT, ISTHA, CDOT, Cook and collar counties. If you are passionate about civil design and want to work for a company that fosters collaboration, then you will be a perfect fit. We work at being a technical, innovative, and collaborative community. We are seeking a leader that can inspire growth, collaboration, and open communication. We want doer-sellers that enjoy external industry engagement as much as their project delivery. We welcome diversity and look forward to including people of all backgrounds into our fold.
Being a PM at Parsons, means you have responsibility, authority, and the best team of engineers working on your projects. In this role, you will be responsible for scope, schedule, budget, as well as business development activities for small to extremely large projects. Our project managers generally oversee project teams ranging in size from 4 to more than 20 professionals.
o In this role, you will oversee and manage civil design projects on both conventional and design/build projects for road, highway, arterial and collector street projects.
o Oversee project scope, schedule, and budget adherence from design through construction.
o Using your technical expertise, you will ensure the highest quality engineering is put forth to meet all design requirements.
o Lead or participate in pursuit strategies and proposal preparation.
o Participate in business development activities and marketing events.
o We expect you to identify new opportunities with your current contacts in the region and help grow the business.
o Participate in professional organizations in leadership roles.
o Recruit, mentor, retain and develop top industry talent to enhance the current high-performance culture.
o BS Degree in Civil Engineering and 12 years or more of related engineering design management experience with road/highway/interchange projects
o Experience on IDOT, Tollway, CDOT, and County projects required.
o Illinois PE required
o Proven Ability to manage projects, interface with clients and enjoy being hands-on technically in a project
o Experience in Microstation, Geopak, InRoads is a definite plus but is not a requirement.
Organizations win or lose based on their clients’ experiences. Join a winner! We are looking for inspirational project managers with unequaled client focus to join our team and help shape our future!Job Requirements
- Summarizing project status to project stakeholders
- Manage project resources across multiple projects or project phases
- Present project information to project team
- Communicate project status to project team
- Facilitating project status meetings and communicating project status to key project stakeholders
- Resolve project issues and manage project risks
- Manage project budget and project resource allocation
- Manage project timelines using accepted project management methodology
- Serve as project lead on projects with multiple project management staff
- Meet project objectives while managing project hours
- Validating project budget against estimated project costs
- Manage project artifacts for the project
- Prepare project plans, manage and track project execution activities for project teams
- Achieve project objectives across the project portfolio
- Monitor project execution/performance, project reporting and project resource allocations
- Create project briefs and project schedules
- Support defined project plans and project goals
- Updating internal project management system
- Complete project deliverables in accordance with project plan
- Lead the project team to ensure project objectives