We are pleased to announce that one of the companies we partner with in the Sandy Springs, GA area is expanding their finance/strategy group and looking to hire a Senior Financial Analyst.
This would also be an ideal position for someone looking to move from a financial modeling heavy role to a well-rounded corporate strategy and planning position.
POSITION: Senior Financial Analyst
LOCATION: Sandy Springs, GA
COMP.: $90-100k (commensurate with experience) plus bonus
*** This is an exceptional opportunity ***
- Exceptional visibility with Executive-level individuals!
- Analysis in this role will go to directly affect business decision-making!
- Great stepping stone to many opportunities!
The senior financial analyst serves as lead ‘internal analyst’ providing business analysis to the management of the various operating groups and supports executive decision making. Position performs financial analysis of various strategic initiatives across the enterprise. Examples of such strategic initiatives include labor negotiations, revenue analyses, and portfolio rationalizations. Responsible for conducting special studies relating to cost trends and resource utilization and performing market and competitive benchmarking analyses.
- Part of an internal team of analysts working as business partners with operating divisions (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Information Technology). Partners with clients to support departmental financial objectives and initiatives, including quantitative and qualitative analysis, business modeling, business cases, forecasting, budgeting, etc.
- Leads cross-functional teams for the purpose of completing financial analysis projects. Directs and manages projects from beginning to end.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Support FP&A leadership in the development of budgeting and forecasting processes
- Develops and maintains institutionalized analysis and reporting mechanisms for recurring review of company profitability and operating performance. Works with operating division clients to help develop inputs and assumptions, as well as outline and explain insights from these mechanisms.
- Develops flexible models to evaluate the financial impact of various business initiatives under a range of assumptions and scenarios.
- Performs ad hoc financial analysis on various initiatives and projects as directed by the executive management team.
- Other duties include consolidating information across several organizations, supporting the operations and finance teams with Excel templates to drive financial reporting processes, pricing and product line profitability models, economic models, trend analyses, and ad hoc reports.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting required; MBA or CPA preferred
- 3 to 6 years of analytical work experience demonstrating increasing responsibility and effective leadership
- Experience required in developing and complex Excel-based models, conducting quantitative and statistical analysis, implementation process design, problem solving, and consensus building.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase a plus.