Backed by leading venture capital funds and two media companies, Papercup is a machine learning startup making the world's video content watchable in any language. Using a cutting-edge approach to speech processing, we're auto-translating the voice track on videos by generating voices that sound like the original speaker - but in different languages.
Engineering at PapercupDon’t stick to specific dogma. We don't believe there is a single solution or methodology that fits all companies. At Papercup we study different solutions, and adapt them to our use case.
Everyone is a problem solver. If you have an idea for a better system or process, then you have a voice. We all participate in discussions by proposing and commenting on RFCs. You can, and should help build out our development practices.
We are all geeks. We all love learning and trying out new tools, learn new techniques. Some of the events we host to foster a learning culture are:Papercup University - every two weeks a member of the team presents to the whole company a topic they are passionate about.
FullStack DevMeeting - every two weeks developers from the product team gather to share their thoughts on the latest technologies in the field.
Learning Week - you can take a week a year to spend time learning about topics that are relevant to them.No silos, everybody works with everybody. All teams work together to help to improve each other's processes.Why you should consider us?We are not a typical web application. The bulk of our time is spent on building internal tooling for the team to produce videos. This means,we have a very tight closed loop of feedback, quick release cycles, and don't have to support all browsers (did you hear that? Never shall you hear again words "This doesn't work on IE11", because it doesn't).
As an engineering team, we have a lot of trust and autonomy within the company to invest time into our infrastructure, code and tooling.
This was written by Engineers, so you know
As a frontend developer, you will know our product intimately and will be building out key frontend features. You will contribute to the creation and development of new product ideas and work closely with our designer, product team as well as the machine learning team to define and develop functionalities to improve our operations and tooling.
We need your help with
- Building a web based multi-user audio tool to translate content into multiple languages
- Building a multiplatform analytics platform (i.e. YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, RuTube)
- Building a video management platform that integrates with YouTube and other video platforms
- Creating a high-grade components library
- Working with the marketing team on lead generation
- Optimising application for maximum speed and scalability
- Improve our codebase and practices
We will be a great match if you have
- Previously worked on a large-scale React project or similar framework
- Attention to detail
- Solid understanding of REST and GraphQL APIs
- Good understanding of SEO principles including web analytics and ensuring that the application will adhere to them
- The desire to be continually learning about emerging technologies/industry trends
- And you like to help others