OU Physicians is Oklahoma’s largest physician group and encompasses almost every adult and child specialty.
This position is in our Stephenson Cancer Center - Multidisciplinary clinic
POSITION INFORMATION: Under direct supervision of a physician or other medical personnel, performs routine patient care functions such as physician assistance, patient placement, testing, information gathering, nursing duties, chaperoning, supply maintenance, and scheduling. May coordinate schedules of patients in an outpatient clinic and provide clerical assistance toward the smooth operation of the facility.
- Physician Assistance . Assists physician or other medical personnel in the examination process as required or necessary. Performs order entry to electronic medical records, i.e., prescription refills, lab orders, radiology orders, etc.
- Patient Placement . Places patients in exam rooms. Drapes and positions patients for appropriate exams or procedures. Assists in restraining or controlling patients (infants, children, geriatrics, etc.).
- Test Performance . Performs routine tests on patients such as audiograms, vision, spirometer, EKG, rapid strep, urinalysis, and urine pregnancy tests. Assists with cardiovascular stress tests, fetal non-stress tests, and OB ultrasounds.
- Information Gathering . Obtains and records vital signs including body temperature, height, weight, and blood pressure. Takes and documents complaints and patient histories including allergies, immunization histories, etc. Maintains patient confidentiality. Receives and returns telephone calls from or to patients and pharmacies. Obtains authorizations and referrals.
- Nursing . Performs various nursing duties such as suture removal, casting and steristrip applications, administration of injections, venipunctures, breathing treatments, ultrasound therapy, and hydroculator therapy. Assists with both surgical and non-surgical procedures.
- Chaperoning . Chaperones examinations and patients.
- Supply Maintenance . Responsible for stocking exam rooms, taking inventory, ordering supplies, and sterilizing instruments and/or equipment.
- Scheduling . Makes scheduling arrangements with other healthcare professionals and facilities.
- As Needed . Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Education: High school diploma, GED, or graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Ability to interact professionally with healthcare practitioners and patients.
- Ability to effectively communicate information.
- Ability to observe and obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Must be detail oriented and able to complete work tasks.
- Ability to maintain composure even in difficult situations.
- Ability to be understanding and sensitive to needs of others.
- Take patients histories and vital signs
- Obtaining patient history and vital signs
- Record vital signs in patient's medical record
- Take patient histories and vital signs
- Collect patient histories and records vital signs
- Obtain and record patient's vital signs
- Take and records patient history and vital signs
- Add medical history into patient medical files
- Serve as a patient advocate
- Measure vital signs and records information on patient charts
- Obtain vital signs and perform routine patient intake
- Take vital signs and obtain accurate patient history information
- Obtain and record vital signs
- Take and record vital signs
- Prepare patients for medical examinations
- Draw and perform vital signs
- Sending/receiving patient medical records
- Measure vital signs and records information on patients' charts
- Obtain medical information and collect appropriate vital signs
- Assist rooming patients and taking vitals