Responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction for OSI North America Operations Process Team. This position will lead the team in delivering product commercialization while championing process improvement across the manufacturing network, specifically in the dry sausage area. The Process Team Director will work closely with the V.P. of Commercialization and Process Improvement, and the facilities to best serve the needs of an expanding customer base while delivering improved Operations performance.
• Champion efficient and timely new product commercialization, specifically in the dry sausage space.
• Lead process teams, interfacing across facilities and with Sales to deliver customer solutions and operating efficiencies.
• Develop and deliver cost reduction options across the operations and supply chain groups.
• Develop new approaches and thinking to share best practices across the organization.
• Enhance OSI process capabilities understanding and outline efficiency improvement plans.
• Work with others in developing facility sourcing and capacity management plans across the manufacturing asset base.
• Outline a series of initiatives to improve customer delivered quality and service.
• Evaluate processing technologies and capabilities.
• Effectively interface with key customers, regulatory agencies, suppliers and internal groups as necessary.
• Provide critical thinking in developing investment prioritization strategies.
• Work with the Senior Leadership Team in developing key strategies and plans to deliver business objectives.
• Serve as a key resource in evaluating future growth and operating system decisions.
• 25% domestic travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or other related area is preferred.
- 10 plus years experience in food processing operations.
• Dry sausage operation experience required
• An experienced operations leader with a track record of accomplishment.
• Results oriented individual embracing of change and demonstrating strong change leadership skills.
• Possessing good interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Strategic thinker capable of addressing broader business issues while championing manufacturing solutions.
• Exposure to a broad range of manufacturing processes and locations.
• Well organized, self-starter capable of working across an organization to accomplish desired objectives.
• Experience in project management skills.
• MS office suite proficiency (Word, Excel, and Outlook proficiency min. requirement)
Work is generally performed within a business professional office environment, with standard office equipment available. Will be required to perform work in a manufacturing environment as well
While work performed within a manufacturing environment subjected to extreme temperatures of cold and warm along with wearing the proper PPE.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.