Senior Director, Insurance Operations
New York, New York, United States
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Senior Director to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human.
We need your help to do so.
About this role:
The Insurance Operations team translates business strategy and regulatory requirements into scalable, automated processes, and identifies opportunities for optimization.
As a Senior Director and leader in the Insurance Operations team, you will be responsible for building, scaling and optimizing processes related to Billing, Claims, Eligibility, Commissions Network Data, Contracting, and Provider Operations teams in NYC and Tempe for the IFP, MA, and Small Group lines of business. You will also be responsible for managing and executing cross-functional processes related to business and operational readiness, and operational excellence. Your job is to design and build the machi ne so your teammates can drive efficiently and effectivelyJob Requirements
- Lead the organization that supports and builds scalable processes for Billing, Claims, Eligibility, for Network Data, and Contracting operations. Identify the most important and impactful processes and systematically map them, identify pain points, and work to apply technology to automate and improve them while ensuring compliance, quality and cost effectiveness
- Implement regulatory and business requirements into workflows and processes
- Find synergies between workflows and processes and work to eliminate redundancies
- Work closely with leaders across the organization to ensure successful implementation and execution
- Set up monitoring and metrics to consistently and accurately track outcomes
- 10+ years experience in a cross-functional operations and analytical environment
- Outstanding structured, systematic, and critical thinking
- Strong experience in process / workflow building, operational improvement, and project management
- Strong people management skills and team leadership
- Ability to form data-driven, concrete answers in a world with imperfect information
- Proficient in Excel. Python and SQL are a plus, willingness to learn are a must
- Excellent leadership and executive communication skills to drive agreement and results across a wide range of stakeholders
- Experienc e or qualification in Lean methodology
- Healthcare experience
- Experience in scaling an operation and executing in an environment undergoing rapid growth