PACU Nursing Operations Manager - Dr. P. Phillips Hospital
Department: DPH PACU
Status: Full Time
Orlando Health Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is an acute care facility serving southwest Orange County since 1985. Located about 10 miles southwest of the downtown Orlando Health campus, the 285-bed hospital offers a full spectrum of care that includes emergency care for all ages, including a dedicated pediatric emergency room supported by Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children; minimally invasive surgery, including being recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery; and orthopedic services, including Advanced Total Hip and Knee Replacement certification. The Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center – Dr. Phillips, located on the hospital campus, allows patients community access to cancer care including chemotherapy and radiation treatment, medical oncology services, surgical oncology consultations, oncologic pharmacy services, laboratory facilities and Cancer Support Community programs. The hospital also provides services at the Orlando Health Emergency
Room and Medical Pavilion – Osceola in Kissimmee.
Here, we have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes. We were selected as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2020. We received this national distinction due to our success at creating an empowered, engaged and satisfied workforce. Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is also proud to be on the Magnet Journey, the highest award for Nursing Excellence.
The Nursing Operations Manager IP is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of an inpatient 24/7 nursing unit/department. Evaluates the environment and makes recommendations to ensure delivery of quality service, optimal patient flow and comfort, safety, and compliance with various standards of care, regulatory/governing bodies (e.g. OSHA, JCAHO), infection control, and risk management.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Graduate degree in Health Services Administration, Allied Health, Business, or health-related field.
Effective October 25, 2020: Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) with Graduate degree in Business or health-related field.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Effective October 25, 2020: Team Members hired into this job must have National leadership board certification at time of hire.
May require one or more of the following certifications based on the assigned patient population:
- Four (4) years as a registered nurse in an acute care setting, with two (2) years leadership experience (at least one (1) year at the nurse manager level).
- Fully meets all requirements of this level and previous level on the associated Clinical Ladder (partial does not qualify).
- Allocates resources and coordinates services to optimize patient care and services.
- Provides leadership for quality and service activities in the unit/department to promote a culture of safety for patients, families, and staff.
- Promotes a satisfied, healthy work environment for the workforce by establishing a climate of growth, challenge, and development of all team members.
- Analyzes, develops, and maintains an effective and efficient nursing delivery model that reflects patient and family needs, ultimately achieving desired outcomes.
- Works in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to balance technology with values that emphasize quality of life, consumer choice, risk-benefit decisions, and access.
- Responsible for management of team members including recruitment, retention, supervision, evaluation, and productivity.
- Assists in developing and monitoring the operating and capital budget; resolves variances and implements strategies to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Assures development, implementation, and evaluation of an evidence-based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with nursing research, and organizational and national practice standards.
- Leads and participates in departmental and hospital programs, committees, and special projects to achieve desired outcomes.
- Fosters patient, family and professional relationships that are reciprocal, synergistic, and characterized by mutual respect and professional growth.
- Cultivates exemplary customer services throughout the unit/department.
- Serves as a liaison between team members and nursing administration.
- Demonstrates professional accountability by maintaining proficiency in assigned role and involvement in professional organizations.
- Facilitates and supports team member involvement in professional and organizational activities.
- Identifies issues arising from individual differences and develops awareness of those issues in nursing staff, medical staff, and other health care providers.
- Serves as a mentor for professional practice.
- Holds self and others accountable to Orlando Health’s mission, vision, and values.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Uses working knowledge of risk management concepts.
- Participates in Process Improvement activities as assigned.
- Role models, teaches, and/or provides age-specific and developmentally appropriate patient care in accordance with established guidelines and scope of practice.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL 32819
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. [ Link Removed ] to learn more about Orlando Health.