Optiver is a trading firm with a difference. We are a global market maker with a mission to improve the markets we trade in. We pride ourselves on being leaders in our industry and this is because of one thing, our people. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and it’s our people who create the technology which allows us to achieve our goals.
Our Trading Systems Support Engineer will form part of our Production Engineering group who together ensure our global low-latency trading system never misses a great trade. You’ll support our trading system as part of a global team, co-ordinating incidents, deep-diving into technical issues to understand why things break, driving change to ensure we don’t see the same issue twice and automating away manual tasks.
Who you are
- You enjoy fast-paced environments where you can have impact.
- You have over 5 years’ experience in a hands-on support role (L2/L3) supporting distributed systems on Linux.
- You can communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, both in person and in writing.
- You are systematic and thorough in the way you operate and can remain calm and collected under pressure.
- You are unrelenting in your drive to identify improvements in the systems you manage.
- Preferably you have some development experience.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be first-line support for the trading environment – front, middle, back office.
- You’ll co-ordinate incidents across the environment and own the post-incident follow up.
- You’ll serve as a check-and-balance against the development teams, using data to identify where our biggest operational problems are.
- You’ll work on improving the platform our trading system runs on – performance, capacity, monitoring, deployment are all in scope.
- You’ll learn what it takes to win in some of the most competitive markets in the world, you’ll have full access to our technology stack.
In exchange for you joining our team, we offer you one of the best working environments in the Netherlands. We believe in an environment that promotes happiness, communication, collaboration and innovation. We encourage our people to share ideas and thoughts so that we can be the best that we possibly can.
To chat about this role or to hear more about what it is like to work here and our great culture, apply now via the form below together with your CV and cover letter in English.