About the Role
Would you like opportunities to explore newer technologies such as AWS, Cassandra, and Redis? Do you love delivering features that delight customers? Are you seeking new challenges in a flexible work environment where you will feel engaged and your contributions valued? Do you value having end-to-end Ownership of your services?
OpenMarket is currently seeking Senior Java Developers to design, build, and configure application software. Our architecture consists of a growing number of microservices that drive our platform and data systems that deliver customer insights. Working on a small, dedicated applications team, you will ensure your tools and services are able to scale and serve our core business and other engineering teams while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment. Teams oversee the deployment, operation, monitoring, and occasional "last tier" support of their own services.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will be responsible for leading the architecture, design, development, and implementation of the team's services, considering high throughput, high scalability, and high performance.
- You will collaborate with other teams on further improving the architecture of the OpenMarket platform, exploring and adopting new technologies, and communicating effectively complex features and systems in detail.
What to Bring
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in a team environment.
- Expert-level Java server-side software design and development.
- Experience with highly available RESTful web services and microservices.
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of persistence (SQL or NoSql) and data modeling.
- Solid practices around testing to ensure quality (e.g., unit testing, TDD, integration testing, performance testing).
- Working knowledge of Linux, such as scripting and command-line tools.
- Desire to lead by example by promoting standards and methodologies within your team.
- Ability to organize and provide direction to your service team.
Nice to Have
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks (e.g., Spring).
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with UI frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS).
- Knowledge of mobile messaging.
- Hands-on experience in cloud computing, preferably in AWS.
- Working knowledge of big data in a distributed environment.
- Experience in working with international teams.
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, and performance testing.
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
You'll Be a Great Fit If
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow.
- You desire to work with some of the world's top brands.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work.
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.