Our client is seeking a DevOps/Cloud Principal Architect to join their team in Reston, VA.Job Requirements
As a valued contributor to their team, you will consult with management on the development of processes and procedures for designing and implementing components of technological structures. In this role, you will create solutions with a process-driven view, as well as maintain and/or update existing structures.
- Lead DevOps practices for Architecture in Cloud Infrastructure, Microservices and Data applications collaborating with Architect peers, business and engineering
- Responsibilities include setting the strategy for infrastructure and application build, deploy, monitor, and operate applications. Candidate should have developed running applications at scale on modern cloud native architectures (AWS). The candidate needs expertise to implement cloud native infrastructure using CI/CD pipelines, containerization and microservices transformation in application APIs and address platform operational concerns
- Candidate should have significant experience in evolving enterprise platform and application teams, processes, and CI/CD technologies or infrastructure to facilitate rapid application development and reliable, scalable infrastructure.
- Plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of various technology platforms, tools, policies, and principles that lead to target state implementation.
- Develop AWS focused system design & architecture using CI/CD cloud native patterns, integrated with applications, and meets scalability, efficiency and security considerations
- Strong knowledge of the DevOps tool chain (CI/CD) on the AWS platform: Terraform, Jenkins, AWS code pipeline environment and tools, Confluence, GitHub, JIRA, UCD, Security tooling (Twistlock), API Integrations
- Nice to have GitlabCI experience
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Enterprise Architecture - Architecture Principal role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- The Principal for Cloud DevOps Architecture is responsible for leading architectural decisions for the cloud infrastructure and application DevOps.
- The individual must have deep understanding of technical architecture and have implemented solutions in a cloud environment. Knowledge of industry best practices around agile methodology and architecture microservices patterns with experience in DevOps practice
- This role will report to the Director of Cloud and Data Architecture and collaborate with the Teams in Enterprise Tools, Advisors and Principals of Fannie Maes Cloud, Infosec and Portfolio engineering.
- 13-15 years of experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in US
- 10+ years of software development, solutions architect, or cloud architect experience with focus in DevOps. People with operations background are not preferred for this role
- Master's Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years building cloud native architectures, architecting enterprise applications on public cloud platforms and cloud ecosystems including AWS
- 10+ years architecting highly scalable and reliable back-end systems in production
- 7+ years' experience leveraging DevOps and building CI/CD pipelines using tools like Terraform, Jenkins, Gitlab, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible, AWS CloudFormation templates, and GitHub, AWS DevOps suite
- Demonstrated work experience in creation of architecture, architecture support for Agile implementations & Architecture Sprints
- Experience in driving architecture and business innovation thought process
- Clearly communicates and presents analyses and results and persuades others by supporting ideas with logical arguments/data
- Experience in coaching and mentoring senior architects
- Technical knowledge of AWS public cloud, cloud native design, microservice architecture, containerization and non-functional requirements
Tools: Skilled in Docker, in Kubernetes to automate application deployment, scaling, and management, JIRA, Confluence, programmed in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and networking platforms