The PRN Clinic Registered Nurse provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way, incorporating differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum to include patient and family education. Relies on education and training to complete responsibilities within scope of licensure as registered nurse. Performs psychosocial/physiologic assessments that integrates changing data. Formulates a plan of care based on trends of similar patients, including patient education and discharge planning. Tailors and prioritizes caring practice to individual needs, including cultural/ ethical/ spiritual needs. Participates in the planning of routine transitional health care needs. (i.e. treatment options patient placement options, end of life options).
- Adapts planned educational programs and information to individual patients and family by modifying teaching strategies or content. Integrates education during the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with patients/ families to identify realistic desired outcomes. Actively advocates for patient rights and identifies potential conflict. Seeks counsel for resolution of conflict.
- Evaluates patient outcomes and makes revisions in the plan of care.
- Appropriately delegates patient care activities to other health care team members and participates in making and revising staff assignments to achieve maximum productivity.
- Maintains knowledge regarding unit initiatives, and incorporates the outcomes of the team/ committees work into practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of unit based quality improvement initiatives.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives by utilizing standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing
Current Louisiana RN license and BLS certification
Keyword: RN, Registered nurse, reg nurse, nurse.