Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
The Senior COMSEC Auditor will plan and conduct COMSEC audits and COMSEC training for the protection of COMSEC materials and items.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct COMSEC audits and inventories according to DOE and National Policies for the protection for COMSEC materials, classified and CCI equipment for DOE.
- Prepare audit reports, review various COMSEC requests, conduct inquiries into COMSEC incidents, prepare and conduct COMSEC training and briefings.
- Conduct day-to-day Central Office of Records activities.
- Coordinate with the National Office of Record as required. Travel to field sites to conduct audits and training as required.
- Maintain electronic databases and records files.
- Required to assist in COMSEC Key transfers to field sites and training certifications as necessary.
- May be required to perform duties as COMSEC account manager.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is desired, but not necessary.
- Ten (10) years of combined experience conducting COMSEC audits and/or Central Office of Record Operations (COR) for the protection of Type 1 encryption keys, Controlled Cryptographic Items (CCI), supporting COMSEC accounts, and other associated equipment in accordance with National Security Agency (NSA) policies and requirements and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) and is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidate must have the expertise and working knowledge of COMSEC and COR operations and requirements.
- Must be able to maintain COMSEC databases and interactions with NSA
- Will provide analytical, problem solving, and communication skills to deal with senior level field oversight.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- As required by the contract, must possess appropriate level clearance (Q and TS clearance and SCI eligible).
- All personnel is required to possess an active Department of Energy (DOE) “Q” access authorization to perform under this contract. An active Top Secret clearance from Other Government Agencies, such as Department of Defense (DoD) based upon a single scope background investigation is typically acceptable for clearance reciprocity if the background investigation is less than five (5) years old. It is required that specified personnel have access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally, stand; walk; sit; use hands and /or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operated vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. Physical and psychological capabilities are required which allow him/her to perform activities during sustained periods of intense concentration, working with electrical hazards, under adverse weather conditions, in confined and restricted areas. The ability to climb and work at heights; lift and carry heavy loads of at least 70 pounds;
General office environment.