About NPower Canada
NPower Canada is a charitable organization that launches underserved young adults into meaningful and sustainable digital careers. The program provides participants with free in-demand digital and professional skills training, and connects them to new and rewarding career opportunities with some of Canada’s largest employers.
Through consultation with a wide range of employers, NPower Canada’s comprehensive curriculum ensures participants are equipped with the in-demand technical and professional skills most sought after by industry.
NPower Canada provides employers with access to a pipeline of eager, diverse and job-ready young talent with in-demand digital skills who are primed to succeed in the workplace. Graduates receive ongoing support and coaching to ensure continued success in their careers.
We are seeking a Program Manager – Vancouver to oversee the delivery of the NPower Canada program at for its Vancouver site. This position involves leading a dynamic cross-functional team of front-line program staff to achieve strong training and employment outcomes for low-income, diverse young adults enrolled in the NPower Canada program.
This position is accountable for ensuring that at least 80% of program participants successfully complete training and for ensuring, in collaboration with the job placement and alumni services team, that at least 80% of program graduates secure IT-related, full-time employment and/or enroll in postsecondary education within six months of training completion.
Who you are
- Highly skilled at and deeply committed to engaging, motivating and empowering underserved young adults ages 18-29 who face barriers to employment.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in non-profit sector program management, preferably in the employment services field.
- Relevant post-secondary education in human services, employment counselling, non-profit sector management or a related discipline is a strong asset.
- Strong professional network of contacts at allied organizations serving low-income young adults in the regions served by the Office.
- Exceptional customer service ethic and relationship management skills; highly responsive to the needs of youth, employers, funders, community partners and other stakeholders.
- Highly skilled at supervising, coaching and mentoring cross-functional program delivery teams and individual staff members.
- Demonstrated strength in program evaluation and reporting, ensuring that program data has been captured with accuracy and integrity.
- Exercises sound judgement when leading staff in resolving complex client service challenges.
- Highly skilled at crisis intervention, de-escalation and conflict resolution.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to execute on multiple priorities and deliverables.
- Experienced at helping individuals and teams effectively navigate change.
- Proficiency with CRM database applications; specific knowledge of Salesforce is an asset.
Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Supervise front-line staff to ensure that participants are prepared to market themselves professionally and represent the NPower Canada brand when interacting with employers, funders and community partners at events and in interview situations.
- Liaise with job placement team to support the achievement of participant employment and retention targets.
- Work with staff to ensure effective design and delivery of professional development training and career counselling services.
- Work with Instructors to ensure that certification outcomes are achieved.
- Develop plan with Program Coordinator and Career Coordinator to ensure that all participants are equipped with professional resumes, cover letters and LinkedIn profiles in a timely manner.
- Oversee development of Program Calendar for each cohort.
- Work with job placement team to schedule employee engagement opportunities for corporate partners such as site tours, speed networking and presentations.
- Collaborate with front-line staff and leadership team on continued program development and improvement.
Site and Logistics
- Manage daily operations of the site, liaising with property / facilities management to ensure that site is fully operational, safe and secure.
- Ensure that all staff and participants are fully informed of policies and procedures, including health and safety policies and emergency safety plans.
- Lead case conferencing and provide case supervision to program team, assisting front-line staff with successfully navigating and resolving challenging participant service situations.
- Oversee participant disciplinary process and lead sensitive meetings with participants, especially when addressing final warnings and dismissals.
- Serve as first point of escalation to address participant complaints; work with staff to document, respond to and resolve complaints.
- Oversee program staff coordination of participant resources (professional clothing, transportation vouchers, exam vouchers, housing, etc.).
- Oversee hiring, supervision, development and evaluation of program staff.
- Coach and mentor front-line staff in effective program delivery and participant management strategies.
- Provide training and mentoring to front-line staff in core elements of program delivery such as issue resolution, crisis intervention, facilitation, lesson planning, teaching, and providing warm and appropriate referrals.
Recruitment & Admissions
- Work with Recruitment and Communications Manager and Community Liaison to ensure that enrollment targets are achieved and that the most suitable youth are recruited, prioritizing low-income, diverse youth facing barriers to employment.
- Support participant recruitment and admissions process.
- Develop and maintain mutual referral relationships with community partners.
- Lead sensitive meetings or communications with applicants who have been denied admission or exited from bootcamp.
- Deliver presentations to key recruitment stakeholders.
Data Reporting and Program Evaluation
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of data entered regarding key metrics (enrollment, certification, referrals, employment and graduation outcomes).
- Assist leadership team in analyzing qualitative and quantitative program outcomes.
- Conduct quarterly data review, ensuring that program data is being entered in a timely, accurate and comprehensive manner.
- Regularly review and provide feedback to front-line staff regarding case notes and documentation to ensure adherence to best practices.
- Prepare weekly reports regarding program activities and outcomes.
- Prepare end-of-cohort reports to facilitate reflection on best practices, lessons learned and outcomes achieved to inform future cohort delivery.
- Liaise with leadership team to help cultivate, grow and steward key employer and stakeholder relationships.
- Support marketing efforts with case study identification and other content development.
- Deliver presentations to diverse stakeholder groups.
DUE DATE FOR EXTERNAL APPLICATIONS – April 1 2021 at 5 PM PST
Early applications are encouraged.
NPower Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NPower Canada will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates through the hiring process, under the Human Rights Code. Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.