Do you have experience working on Shopify Plus? Have you worked at an eCommerce agency? Do you have full-stack development experience? Are you interested in leading, coaching, mentoring, and inspiring a team of super talented developers? Then, we're looking for you!
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead a team of developers to help us build the best eCommerce experiences with some awesome brands. You’ll also manage our development infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate seamlessly and efficiently.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident in managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets, and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all new partner integration plans from discovery to launch. Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use the latest eCommerce technology in the market that maximizes our productivity, efficiency, and help our company grow.
Noticed is a digital-first Commerce Experience and Growth Marketing agency that partners with the earth’s leading mission-critical health, wellness, sustainable D2C brands that are changing the world.
We're only accepting applications for candidates in North America at this time.
THE QUICK FIT TEST!
- You have more than 4-6 years of eCommerce agency experience
- You have 4+ years of experience with Shopify Plus (Required)
- You have experience with building headless architecture eCommerce websites
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
- Manage a team of 5-10+ developers
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Create reusable code libraries and frameworks to increase efficiency within the development to support agency profitability.
- Expert in Shopify Liquid template language
- Knowledge of the Shopify app ecosystem and experience providing app recommendations
- Expert in Shopify APIs, theme development and best practices
- Knowledge of Shopify Storefront API a plus
- Experience writing ES6 and knowledge of common transpiling and bundling tools
- Knowledge in full-stack development i.e. ReactJS, GraphQL, VUE
- Create documentation for internal teams as well as clients
- Experience working in an Agency environment with multiple projects assigned at once
- Manage eCommerce website development projects by setting requirements, goals, and timelines
- Support sales with requirements gathering, project estimates, and solution development.
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s P&L budget
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers, coordinate their training, and continually coach and mentor.
- Implement cutting edge technologies that keep us at the forefront of eCommerce.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment