Have you ever had trouble finding a document if you didn’t remember if it was in Google Drive, Dropbox, or shared in Slack? Nira started with an idea to unify search across multiple cloud-based document services. We launched publicly almost 3 years ago. Recently we started building our second product which helps customers understand their document security.
Nira started as a fully remote team and we’re spread across the globe, including Australia, Canada, Dubai, Europe, India, New Zealand and the United States. As a company, we embody 4 key principles:Customers come first - Obsess over customer needs. Think like a customer. Maximize customer value.
Show up - Be present. Care deeply about the work. Take initiative and be an owner.
Be Decisive - Make smart decisions. Aim for speed. Deliver results.
Learn, teach, and coach - Improve yourself. Empower others. Succeed as a team.On our engineering team you can expect:We trust you 100% on day one - Deliver what you promise and confidence in you will grow infinitely.
Extreme ownership - With 100% trust comes an extreme level of ownership you may not have experienced in other teams.
Autonomy - Ownership comes with autonomy to make decisions and take initiative in areas you’re passionate about.
Feedback and coaching - Out team wants to help one another grow. We’re open to feedback, love to give feedback, and coach each other.As a fully remote engineering team, here is a little bit about how we work and communicate:Slack and Google Meet for synchronous communication
Message boards and Google Docs for asynchronous communication
Basecamp and GitHub Issues to manage projects
One all-hands engineering meeting each week, two project standup meetings each week
What You’ll Do
- Architecture design, performance optimization, and data modeling.
- Deployments, infrastructure/exceptions monitoring, and automation.
- Cost optimization and scaling.
- Code standards, code reviews, technical planning/research, and testing/QA.
- Investigate and resolve bugs/customer issues.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
Who We’re Looking For
- You should intimately know AWS, including: CloudFormation, ECS, CodePipeline, Elasticache, Lambda, RDS, S3.
- You have at least 5 years of experience building, managing, and scaling infrastructure for web applications, preferably on serverless technology.
- You have experience with Python, Docker, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka.
- You have experience with performance optimization and incident response.
- You’re able to make decisions and think deeply, even when details are limited
- You’re customer-focused and deeply care about user experience and product quality
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes, even if this means working outside of your role (backend help frontend, frontend, handle customer support, etc