Sr. Web Developer/Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Are you a very creative senior-level Ruby on Rails Web Developer? Can you bring value in creating engaging websites and webstores? Are you capable of being a mentor and a guide to help build up other software developers? If you’re passionate about solving large and complex problems and want to see your work, make a major difference. Then…this is the right opportunity and the right time for you.
Come join the Nikola Motor’s Software Team as a Sr. (Ruby on Rails) Web Developer/Engineer. Our team culture emphasizes collaboration, communication, and commitment to help us reach our goals in a dynamic startup environment.
We work in a field where the technology is changing daily, but that technology will forever change the world as we know it. Get to know a team and a culture who are learning and discovering daily, and who are developing the technology that everyone will know by name in 5-7 years from now.
What you’ll be creating:
Oversee the primary operation, maintenance and enhancement of the public facing Nikola website and webstore.
Increase our application tooling to enable internal customers that produce content for the website.
Help manage and implement internal tools that enable core functions of our company.
Level up our Rails applications through process and operations.
Synchronize with our project managers on priorities and improvements.
Help guide, coach and mentor a team of junior-to-mid level developers
What you “must” already bring to the table:
- BS, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent (and proven) work experience in a software development-related field.
- 5+ years of Full stack development expertise.
- 7+ years of proven Web App Development is “a must.”
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails development mastery is “a must.”
- 2+ years of solid Rails Engines (Gem) know-how.
- Current or Former Rails Boot Camp Instructor (a major plus)
- Aptitude with Capistrano application deploying tool.
- Proficient with Amazon Web Server (AWS) and cloud service models.
- Skills building & maintaining websites from zero.
- Coaching & Mentoring Skills
- Expertise with Testing, Automation, Gitlab, Github.
Additional “nice to have” Profile Characteristics:
- DevOps, CI/CD
- Dockers or Kubernetes containers & orchestration
- Web & Graphic Design
- Product Management
- SEO, eCommerce
** Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. **
This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
**No contractors, agencies or staffing firms please**