This role is based at our Phoenix, AZ HQ, and would require relocation to the Phoenix area.
Come join the Nikola Motor’s Vehicle Software Team as a DevOps Engineer. To help facilitate the creation of our Vehicle Infotainment and Telematics software.
Our team is innovating in established industries through technology and ideas. You’ll be the tip of the spear in our DevOps strategy and implementation. We have interesting, fun work, and you’ll work with great people and cool technology.
We work in a field where the technology is changing daily, but that technology will forever change the world as we know it. Get to know a team and a culture who are learning and discovering daily, and who are developing the technology that everyone will know by name in 5-7 years from now.
What you’ll own:
Maintaining and enhancing existing pipelines.
Deploying new pipelines and assets, contributing to or leading infrastructure and pipeline improvements.
Work closely with software and QA teams to define and deploy CI/CD solutions.
Establish Infrastructure as Code culture and process.
Lead, Design, Implement, Maintain, Enhance new and existing development pipelines and CI/CD solutions.
Collaborate across the Software and Info System teams and organizations.
Strategic Priorities & Challenges:
Establish the pipelines for critical software to increase quality, reliability, and productivity.
The practices and processed the will be developed will need to stand the test of time and scale as our products mature and increase in complexity.
Our components are evolving fast and we are adding new ones as the business grows, our capacity and productivity needs to grow alongside those dimensions.
Are you capable of:
Designing and deploy CI/CD pipelines.
Implementing “Infrastructure as Code” for deployments, virtualization, containerization, and orchestration.
Working from app source code, operating systems, and versioning control systems all the way to global architecture and infrastructure.
Developing processes and custom tools.
What you “MUST” already bring to the table:
- BS, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering OR equivalent (and proven) work experience in a software-related field.
- 3-7 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer (Sr., Lead or Manager).
- Expert in GIT is a must!
- Must have strong know-how with Jenkins (open-source automation), Automation, GitLab.
- Expertise with Linux and familiar with Yocto.
- Working experience with Docker, software releases
- Strong programming language skills in Python, Ruby and shell scripting.
- Familiar with the practice of Continuous Integrations (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Background as a Software Developer, Reliability Engineer or Systems/Network Engineer (preferred)
Additional “nice to have” Profile Characteristic:
- Automated Test, Buildroot
- Crystal (programming language), Object-oriented programming (OOP)
- AWS, Security, Agile, Kubernetes, Firmware.
- Artifactory, Confluence, Jira.
- Automotive industry experience.
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada.
This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
**No contractors, agencies or staffing firms please**