Are you a very creative senior-level Web Developer? How would you rate your Python or Rails development skills set? Can you bring value in creating engaging websites and webstores? Are you capable of being a mentor and a guide to help build up other software developers? If you’re passionate about solving large and complex problems and want to see your work, make a major difference. Then…this is the right opportunity and the right time for you.
Come join the Nikola Motor’s Software Team as a Sr. Web Developer. Our team culture emphasizes collaboration, communication, and commitment to help us reach our goals in a dynamic startup environment.
We work in a field where the technology is changing daily, but that technology will forever change the world as we know it. Get to know a team and a culture who are learning and discovering daily, and who are developing the technology that everyone will know by name in 5-7 years from now.
What you’ll be creating:
Oversee the primary operation, maintenance and enhancement of the public facing Nikola website and webstore.
Increase our application tooling to enable internal customers that produce content for the website.
Help manage and implement internal tools that enable core functions of our company.
Synchronize with our project managers on priorities and improvements.
What you “must” already bring to the table:
- BS, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent (and proven) work experience in a software development-related field.
- 5+ years of Full stack development expertise.
- 5+ years of Python or Ruby development mastery is “a must.”
- 5+ years of proven Web Application development is “a must.”
- 2+ years of Rails framework know-how.
- Aptitude with Capistrano application deploying tool.
- Proficient with Amazon Web Server (AWS) and cloud service models.
- Skills building & maintaining websites from zero.
- Have had the opportunity to collaborating with Marketing, Sales and Business Development teams
- Expertise with Testing, Automation, Gitlab, Github.
Additional “nice to have” Profile Characteristics:
- DevOps, CI/CD
- Dockers or Kubernetes containers & orchestration
- Web & Graphic Design
- Product Management
- SEO, eCommerce
** Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. **