You’ll start by gaining hands on experience as an agent under the mentorship of your General Office management team. This step in the process is very important for your development as a manager. You will learn firsthand what the agent career entails so that you can become a mentor to the people you will lead in the future. With the support of your Manager, your Development Manager and our NYLIC University training program, you will learn to execute your business development plan.
If you are not yet licensed to sell life insurance, that will be your first step in the process. Once you are licensed, you will become contracted and can then begin to sell insurance products. Next, you will begin studying to attain the Series 6 or 7 and Series 63 registrations from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) to meet program qualifications. In order to attain the Series 6 and/or 7 registrations, you must also pass the Securities Industry Essentials (“SIE”) exam and you may take both exams on the same day.
Once you have successfully completed 12 months of sales experience, attained the required FINRA registrations, and met the following requirements, you will become eligible to transition into management as an Associate Partner: In this role, you’ll be responsible for recruiting and developing your own team of agents. You’ll also be enrolled in the Associate Partner Training Program, an intensive, six-month program that will develop you and prime you for success as a manager.
Once you have met all the requirements of the Associate Partner program, you will then fully transition into management as a Partner with New York Life.
In this role, you’ll continue to be responsible for recruiting and developing your own team of agents. Your continued success and achievement in this role will allow you to work toward promotions to increasingly senior levels of management including Senior Partner, Executive Partner, and ultimately, Managing Partner.Job Requirements
Phase 1 Duties:
- Schedule appointments and meet with potential clients
- Make product recommendations to help clients meet their financial goals
- Provide ongoing customer service and support to existing clients
- Be a structured and coachable team player that is open to sales training development and further sales/customer service education
- Discipline to be in business for yourself, but not by yourself
Phase 2 Requirements:
- Contract agent and recruit 1 or more candidates who have initiated state licensing training
- Attain proactive agent status with a compliance rating of 1 or 2
- Have 30 paid core product cases (Life, Annuity, LTC; excluding Worksite) with at least one variable product paid case in the best consecutive 12 out of the last 18 months
- Qualify for at least 2 of the last 3 Councils with at least one being Executive Council or higher
- Attend five Zone-led webinars and pass five eLearning modules
- Complete the Management Potential Profile
- Receive Managing Partner and Zone recommendation
- Complete a face-to-face interview with a Zone officer
- Meet all appointment requirements and documentation (i.e. clear ledger, inspection)
- Home Office approval