Seeking a Full-Time Licensed Social Worker to work at a Nursing Home in Brooklyn, NY!
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential inpatient, outpatient, and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations across the city’s five boroughs.NYC Health + Hospitals/McKinney provides high quality short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care in a comfortable person-centered setting. The McKinney Team commit themselves to the delivery of compassionate, comprehensive services in manner that promotes the dignity and respect of our residents. Each resident has a qualified and caring team of physicians, nurses, dieticians, and therapists dedicated to his/her physical, mental, and emotional well-being. It is our goal to provide all residents with the best possible experience during their stay with us. Full -time: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm Job RequirementsExamples of Typical Tasks:
- Supervises Social Workers, screens and assigns cases, schedules staff, reads and reviews staff work, and evaluates work performance.
- Establishes and maintains professional social work standards of performance concerning interview techniques and methods and practices used in preparing clinical assessments, developing treatment plans, and in documenting case histories.
- Guides Social Workers in exercising appropriate social work techniques, methods and practices.
- Interprets clinical information based on case data, histories, statistics, etc; prepares and submits comprehensive reports of case findings including chronologies of medical data and social factors necessary to support recommended courses of action.
- Conducts individual/family conferences and group discussions.
- Trains and instructs staff in agency policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with accepted social work practices and principles and operational adherence to government rules and regulations; ensures that all cases of suspected child abuse or neglect are reported to the New York State Central Registry.
8. Participates in conferences on site and in other locations with supervisory/managerial personnel, other professionals (including physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, and educators) and with representatives of government and non-government agencies.Minimum Qualifications
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or go to employment.nychhc.org.