New Flyer is North America's heavy-duty transit bus leader with various locations in North America. Offering the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior® and Xcelsior CHARGE™ brands. It also offers infrastructure development through New Flyer Infrastructure Solutions™, a service dedicated to providing safe, sustainable, and reliable charging and mobility solutions. Further information is available at [Link available when viewing the job].
As a key member of our New Product Development department, you will be responsible for the completion of engineering design tasks and projects from concept to implementation. This will include all related design activities, calculations, communications, drawings and bill of material.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Complete electrical engineering design tasks and project assignments in support of prototyping/testing and development activities.
- Create electrical designs that meet customer specifications, Technical Summaries and other contract documents, and ensure designs are within manufacturing abilities.
- Perform engineering calculations and analysis to ensure compliance with design criteria and regulations.
- Complete controlled testing of components and system to meet contractual obligations, vendor requirements, ensuring product reliability/performance, and verifying component fit.
- Complete engineering drawings and release documents in accordance with engineering procedures.
- Provide engineering support to Production, Quality Assurance, Customer Service Support and other departments as required.
- Interact with vendors and customers on design related issues.
- Check Engineering Documents, Instructions to Service, Shop Floor Instructions and other documents as authorized.
- Participate in required project design reviews and any applicable FMEA and hazard analysis exercises.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Three or more years electrical design experience related to essential functions listed above
- Registered (or eligible to be registered) as a Professional Engineer
- Proficiency with CAN networking, power electronics and/or control system design is preferred
- Proficiency in Unigraphics, Visual Basic and PLC programming is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Motivated self-starter with high level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to work and contribute to a team orientated environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Competitive Wages.
- A continuous learning environment.
- Ability to advance your career with a growing company.
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer for 2020 and this is the tenth since the competition was established in 2007.
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more.
- Ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house training initiatives along with tuition subsidies for courses at outside institutions.
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
ABOUT NFI GROUP:
NFI Group is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions. News and information are available at [Link available when viewing the job], [Link available when viewing the job], [Link available when viewing the job], [Link available when viewing the job], [Link available when viewing the job], [Link available when viewing the job] and [Link available when viewing the job].