Prospect, qualify, appoint and manage agencies in a defined territory to produce profitable sales and growth. Meet and exceed territory volume and profit objectives for all National General assigned products, while maintaining and growing a relationship between National General Insurance and appointed agents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Achieve agreed upon new business production, direct written premium, loss ratio goals, and other KPIs on an annual basis by effectively managing the agents of an assigned territory
- Solicit new agencies, evaluate their potential to write quality new business, and recommend qualified new agencies for appointment to the Regional Sales Managers and/or Sales Vice Presidents
- Recommend agencies to participate in profit-sharing, rewards, and special incentives programs, and other agency sales initiatives
- Increase the percentage of producing agents within the territory through additional training and process improvements
- Terminate agents for lack of production, unprofitable results, or other cause
Minimum Qualifications and Skills/Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Work related experience in B2B sales and marketing
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), CRM system, and other sales analytic reports
- Must be coachable and possess a willingness and ability to learn the consultative sales process, sales closing techniques, and the process of gaining commitments
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- P&C license