The Branch Manager is responsible for supervising the branch employees, increasing market share in their assigned territory, managing financial performance of the branch, ensuring that customer needs are met and fulfilling any additional duties assigned by Regional or Corporate Management.
- Review financial statements and Product Support Scorecard with branch departmental managers and make adjustments as needed.
- Insure the maintenance, upkeep and image of all assigned assets, including but not limited to vehicles, inventory, building and property.
- Insure branch compliance with administrative processes and procedures.
- Review and approve corporate credit card usage of direct reports.
- Supply to appropriate Corporate staff information regarding needed capital expenditures.
- Review and manage branch customer account receivables and PowerPlan discrepancies.
· Employee Supervision & Development
- Promote a culture of Safety and High Individual Performance (HiP) to all branch employees.
- Create and maintain a professional, trained and dedicated workforce. Identify employees with leadership abilities and contribute to the development of a potential succession plan.
o Direct and supervise branch Administrative, Sales, Parts and Service Department staff. Perform performance reviews with all sales and administrative staff and parts and service managers and level employees and take indicated corrective action as needed. Assist in reviews of employees’ performance and wage/salary with their appropriate manager.
- Resolve employee issues with the support of Human Resources as needed.
- Perform needs analysis and supply appropriate information to Regional staff regarding desired new staff positions including the need for the new position, the cost for the new position and the qualifications needed for applicants.
o Direct and supervise Territory Sales Managers (TSM) and Compact Equipment Sales Managers (CESM), including call activity, quoting, the sales process and subsequent delivery.
o Locate equipment needed for rentals and sales within Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co., Inc.
o Complete the Estimate to Cash (ETC) report for each TSM.
o Increase market share in Deere, Construction & Forestry (C&F), and Commercial Worksite Products (CWP) product lines in the branch assigned Area of Responsibility (AOR) according to company goals.
o Review market share information monthly with branch TSMs and CESMs and make adjustments as needed.
· Customer Service
o Promptly address customer complaints and resolve concerns.
o Increase customer engagement, interactions, and transactions within the branch AOR.
o Complete the monthly Participation report (customer awareness and quoting activities).
o Oversee weekly branch whole goods inventory control counts and advise any adjustments as needed.Job Requirements
- Ensure employee documentation and certifications are completed and submitted within the required time frame.
- Assist with other duties assigned and directed by corporate management within the frame work of Murphy Tractor and Equipment Company, Inc.’s objectives.
- Strong knowledge of finance, marketing, sales, operations management and inventory control.
- Strong ability to motivate others.
- Strong industry and product knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of customer service skills.
- Meets commitments and deadlines.
- Stays focused under pressure.
- Demonstrates openness to new structure, procedures, technology.
- Able to travel using own and company vehicles.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Skilled at using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated positive work ethic.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action without being asked.
- Anticipates and accurately defines needs and problems.
- Carefully prepares for meetings.
- Understands and operates within applicable policy and procedure.
- Strong social perceptiveness and awareness of others’ reactions and understands why they react as they do.
- Able to handle sensitive and difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Energetic, forward thinking and creative with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Adept at fostering an effective team working environment.
o Able to successfully mediate between various stakeholders.
o Listens and responds constructively to other’s ideas.
o Provides assistance to others when needed.
o Listens effectively.
- Ensures that regular, consistent communications takes place with direct reports and other employees as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Tailors the content of speech and written communication to the purpose and receiver.
- Organizes ideas clearly.
Physical Requirements and Work Schedule
Able to do occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs. Able to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- College degree preferred, with undergraduate coursework in business, marketing, finance or related field.
- At least three years of Management experience in the Heavy Equipment Industry or any equivalent combination of education, experience, skills and abilities that enables the individual to perform the primary duties of the position.
- Must have a valid driver license without restrictions.