Oracle Database Administrator (DBA)
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic and our employees are working from home. Once our offices reopen, this position will transition to working in either our Rockville, MD, Bedford, MA, or Irving, TX offices.
As an Oracle DBA, you will be responsible for evaluating existing or proposed systems to ensure structure and access to databases.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
1. Execute database design, creation, and maintenance on a project by project basis.
2. Analyze requirements of the business customer, applications programming, and operations to ensure success of the final product produced.
3. Collaborate with Senior DBA members as needed specific to solutions that require definition of the physical structure and functional capabilities of databases and require data security and data backup/recovery.
4. Execute performance tuning, capacity planning, and back-up/recovery activities on behalf of the department.
5. Coordinate research, planning and implementation of new database installations, upgrades and patches.
6. Control system capacity for existing requirements and plan for future needs.
7. Facilitate root cause analysis on database issues as required.
8. Maintain technical documentation relating to database management.
9. Review/audit overall system security and data integrity to assure alignment with organizational and business partner goals and/or initiatives.
10. Define and develop a database monitoring facility on behalf of the department.
11. Participate in on-call rotation
12. Automation of regular Database Administration tasks.
13. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
14. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
15. Demonstrate Company’s Core Competencies and values held within.
16. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data – this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
17. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.