The Therapist plans, directs and coordinates medically-approved programs for patients in hospitals, substance abuse facilities, or other institution. Inspires and motivates clients and to help them develop tools to work toward recovery using evidence-based and person-centered practices
* Evaluate clients' mental and physical health, addiction, or problem behavior and assess their readiness for treatment
* Help clients develop treatment goals and plans
* Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families
* Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to recover from their addiction or modify their behavior
* Work with clients to identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their recovery
* Teach families about addiction or behavior disorders and help them develop strategies to cope with those problems
* Refer clients to other resources and services, such as job placement services and support groups
* Conduct outreach programs to help people identify the signs of addiction and other destructive behavior, as well as steps to take to avoid such behavior
* Direct oversight of census within assigned area, including ensuring adequate leads and/or direction where appropriate.
* Ensures site meets census/budgetary requirements.
Education and Experience:
* Master's degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling required; licensure as a LCADC, LSW, LPC, LCSW, LAC, CADC required
* One to three years of experience in a behavioral healthcare or substance abuse settings serving culturally diverse populations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
* Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
* Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
* Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.
* Knowledge of group, individual and family counselingJob Requirements
- Providing individual and family therapy
- Administer individual and group therapy
- Provide individual, family and group therapy
- Provide outpatient sexual offender treatment groups
- Conduct patient assessments and establish therapy treatment goals
- Provide individual, family, and group counseling
- Provide individual, family and/or group therapy to children, adolescents and adults
- Communicate patient progress, treatment plan and aftercare with family and outpatient therapist
- Providing individual, group and family therapy
- Develop effective and timely treatment goals with measurable objectives and well defined roles
- Facilitate therapeutic groups and outpatient counseling services to identified population
- Providing diagnostic assessments, formulating treatment plans, and providing ongoing individual, family and group therapy primarily to adults
- Providing mental health and substance abuse counseling to children, adolescents, adults and/or families
- Provide therapy to children, adolescents, and families
- Perform individual and family therapy sessions within the framework of treatment plan goals
- Perform individual and family therapy sessions within the frame work of treatment plan goals
- Provide individual and group therapy to adolescents with mental health (with and without comorbid substance abuse) disorders
- Facilitate individual sessions with outpatient clients demonstrating knowledge of eating disorders and the principles and techniques of group therapy
- Providing outpatient psychotherapy to children and adolescents in a diverse population
- Providing outpatient psychotherapy to a diverse population