TITLE: Senior Director, Accounting Gross to Net Revenue
SALARY: $245K - $255K
BONUS: 25% Annual, 30% Equity
LOCATION: Boston, MA
CONTACT: Arye Ben Harav [ Link Removed ]
Management Recruiters International Inc. (MRINetwork) is the world’s largest executive search and recruitment organization with a global network of offices and recruiting professionals. Founded in 1966 and consisting of five offices across New England, The Boston Group is one of MRI’s oldest, largest, and most highly acclaimed members.
Our client, an industry leading international pharmaceutical company in Boston, MA, is looking for a “Senior Director, “Accounting Gross To Net Revenue” to join their Finance Organization. This firm provides treatments for Epilepsy, COPD, Parkinson’s Disease (PD), Bipolar Depression, Asthma, and is developing treatments for Schizophrenia, Parkinson’s disease psychosis, Bipolar depression, Neuropathic pain, Parkinson's disease psychosis, Treatment resistant depression, Agitation in Alzheimer's.
This firm has earned a stellar reputation throughout the industry by providing the highest standard of treatments possible for patients and an amazing compensation and benefits program for employees. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an industry giant on innovative projects.
Senior Director, US Gross-To-Net Revenue Accounting, is responsible for the oversight and supervision of all aspects of month, quarter and year-end book close as it relates to the US legal entity for Product Revenue, Supply and Royalty Revenue. This position is responsible for the end to end gross to net process for revenue recognition. This position reports to the Vice President, Controller.
- Accounting and analysis related to Company’s US closing, including maintaining and ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls and documentation requirements;
- Review, analysis and pressure testing of gross-to-net accounting estimates/accruals, including working closely with Commercial Forecasting/ FP&A/government pricing group;
- Responsible for Revenue Recognition accounting in accordance with applicable IFRS standards
- Maintain accurate accounting records for US legal entity and ensure compliance with IFRS;
- Identification and calculation of month-end accruals;
- Review of staff’s journal entries and ensure proper supporting documentation;
- Review or preparation of monthly account reconciliations,
- Preparation of financial reporting packages as required;
- Participate in quarterly reviews and annual audits by internal and external auditors;
- Lead initiatives to evolve gross to net processes including automation
- Works closely with Controller to optimize the close process, while ensuring timely and accurate month-end close processes;
- Develop relationships with business unit personnel to provide technical accounting advice and guidance under IFRS;
- A key contributor to the revenue budget and forecasting process
- A key member of the government pricing committee supporting monthly and quarterly calculations
- Manage, train and motivate staff of direct reports to further develop their respective careers; and
- Perform other assignments, ad-hoc analysis and special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree / 15+ Years; MBA, PhD or other advanced degree preferred
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a must
- A minimum of 12 years in a combination of public and private accounting experience is required.
- Strong leadership experience, strong accounting, analytical and communication skills are required.
- Prior experience in Pharmaceutical industry with Gross-To-Net accounting a must;
- Public Accounting experience a plus;
- Ability to work cross functionally and lead through complex business projects.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and/or IFRS, as it relates to Gross-To-Net accounting;
- Strong analytical and accounting skills;
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and similar programs;
- Experience with predictive and analytical tools such as Anaplan, Planful or similar tools.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting;
- Oracle, Hyperion and Concur experience a plus; and
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Strong computer skills, be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to maneuver in a complex business environment, acumen to manage complex business situations, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously, including balancing progress on long-term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands.
- The incumbent must possess the skills to influence and collaborate with a diverse domestic and global stakeholder community to achieve actionable results, and build strong and sustainable relationships.
- Comprehensive Health Care & Wellness
- Family Leave
- Matching Retirement Benefits
- Dental Plan
- Adoption Assistance benefit-support for legal fees and time off
- Identity Theft Protection at no cost
- Group Legal program to protect you from unexpected personal legal issues
- College Coach will provide personalized coaching on the college application process
- Access to: Care.com, Ovia Health, Milk Stork, Pet Insurance