Radiology Technologist CT & X-Ray Per Diem
As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of caring
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the breathtaking intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is dedicated to providing exceptional health care to our diverse community enhanced through innovation, technology, teaching, and research.
Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit community of more than 4,000 employees and 500 volunteers
We provide world-class care:
- The only hospital in Miami-Dade to be named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary diseases
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient experience
- Prepares patients for examination e.g.: positions and executes specialty radiologic examinations. In addition assists radiologist/physician in patient care during procedure.
- Reviews patient medical record(s) to verify physician's order prior to examination.
- Cross trains in other specialty areas/departments/facilities when work load demands to enhance skills outside assigned specialty clinical area.
- Inspects films for quality and monitors all films with respect to proper patient name date and medical record number prior to interpretation by Radiologist.
- Assists with training of new technologists and technical assistants in all phases of assigned procedures as requested by supervisor/manager/director.
- Demonstrates competency and observes safety guidelines when operating all specialized equipment in assigned clinical area.
- Implements Standard Precautions on all patients as directed by hospital policy.
- Adjusts to variable schedules and/or procedure techniques that may be required at times.
- Adheres to MSMC/MHI established Personnel Radiation dosimeter Policy as observed by supervisor and as documented in department protocol.
- Reports all equipment malfunctions to lead tech/supervisor and clinical engineering immediately.
- Maintains and stocks room with proper supplies necessary to complete radiologic examinations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of computer programs particularly the HBOC system.
- Completes exam data entry on all studies performed on a daily basis as well as any other necessary paperwork associated with each case.
- Attends monthly department staff meetings as scheduled.
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) (RT) (CT)
- Hold a current Florida General Radiographer license from the Department of HRS Radiation Control.
- The MRI technologist performing MRI procedures only does not require a General Radiographer license.
- Graduate of an AMA Accredited Educational Radiologic Technology Program for Radiologic Technology or equivalent.
- Must have at least two years of clinical experience at the staff technologist level one year in area of specialty.
We believe in the physical and mental well-being of our employees and are committed to offering comprehensive benefits that fit their personal needs. Our robust employee benefits package includes:
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- On-site childcare & Mater School grades K-3
- On-site housing for selected positions and more!