To staff, maintain, and schedule production while ensuring all safety, quality, environmental, cost, and production requirements are met. Works within established policies, procedures, practices, and regulations.
This is a first shift positionResponsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise hourly production employees including employee hiring and retention and discipline.
- Meet with on-coming or off-going supervisor to ensure consistent transition from shift to shift.
- Review attendance.
- Plan and manage production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s production capacity.
- Conduct shift start up meeting and give job assignments as well as end of shift meeting to determine production results.
- Attend recurring production meeting to review production schedule and work through any bottlenecks and maintenance concerns.
- Participate in annual inventory.
- Update communication boards.
- Conduct Safety checks for department.
- Complete and route all written and digital communication to include end of shift updates, employee time off requests, and maintenance work orders.
- Post and award overtime as needed.
- Order supplies as needed.
- Collect all production sheets, charts and turn backs, and distribute.
- Review training of new employees with Facilitator to further qualification process.
- Attend required training as needed.
- Review performance with supervisor and set goals for new fiscal year.
- Conduct recurring continuous improvement audits.
- Shift varies depending on need.
- Travel may be required occasionally within North America.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to do this job.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Proven track record of managing and leading others, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years related experience and/or training particularly in a management capacity including budgeting and cost containment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Managing multiple departments or service personnel.
- Battery Service Industry experience a plus.
- Experience working in a union manufacturing plant.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Critical thinking and good troubleshooting technique.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing best practices and operating procedures.
- Good organization/administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- High energy, self motivated, ability to be successful without direct supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels of customer/dealers/management on business related issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
OTHER CATEGORIES AS REQUIRED:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to work in this environment and perform these demands.
- While performing the duties of this job, individual is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Individual is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to occasionally lift a minimum 50 lbs., regularly lift a minimum 25 lbs. on a daily basis and 51 to 150 lbs. with assistance of equipment on a daily to weekly basis.
- Regular use of safety glasses and steel toed shoes.
- Limited to regular use of respirator depending on department assignment.
- Vision requirements; close vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, individual is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles
- Individual occasionally exposed to precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- Noise level is minimal to loud.
- Regularly is working in a dirty lead contaminated area and must wear a uniform and safety shoes in that area to prevent the tracking and / or possible lead contamination of other clean areas or outside or the regulated areas.
Stryten Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Statement
Stryten Manufacturing, [ Link Removed ] , is a leading provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the Transportation and Industrial markets. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, the company operates transportation plants in Salina, Kansas, Manchester, Iowa and industrial facilities in Ft. Smith, Arkansas, Kansas City, Kansas and Charlottesville, Virginia. Its manufacturing plants are located Kansas City, Missouri, and Lampeter, Pennsylvania. These locations produce a comprehensive portfolio of battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for the Transportation, Network Power and Motive Power markets. Also served are industries such as agricultural, automotive, heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others.