Motor Coach Industries is North America’s motor coach leader offering the J-Series, the industry’s best-selling intercity coach for many years, and the D-Series, the industry’s best-selling motor coach line in North American history. MCI also provides maintenance, repair, 24-hour roadside assistance, parts supply through NFI Parts, and technician training through the industry's only Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) accredited MCI Academy.
As an Electrical Engineer / Designer, you will be involved with product design works on MCI electrical systems. You will encompass in a broad range of the electrical subsystems and equipment into the battery/Diesel/CNG powered coach, including power electronics, electric propulsion, battery management system, charger, multiplex controls, Cameras Systems, AVL systems, low voltage harness and software integration. As a member of the MCI Engineering Team, your professional expertise will ensure engineering design changes are controlled and conveyed in an orderly manner. Working closely with manufacturing engineering and various departments, you will have a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of the organizational team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Complete electrical engineering works, including design, CAD modeling, material and equipment selection
- Complete configuration/control of engineering bill of materials for electrical systems
- Complete required electrical hardware and software design validation and testing
- Maintained and enforce MCI/NF design process, including the Change Management Process, Engineering Change Notice process and Engineering Design Standards
- Responsibility for maintaining MCI electrical safety standards
- Support other technical areas as assigned by your manager
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Engineering degree or Certified Engineering Technologist (Electrical),
Good verbal and written communication skills
- 2 years or more experiences in Electrical systems, PLC, Data Communication, low voltage system
- Familiar with DC/DC, AC/DC topology
- Familiar with related electrical safety and industry standards
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink or C
- Knowledge of vehicle multiplex programming; PLC programming
- Past experience in 3D modeling software such as Unigraphics, Autocad
- Knowledge of MRP system
- Knoledge of Microsoft software
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Competitive wages
- A continuous learning environment
- Ability to advance your career with a growing company
- Motor Coach Industries is Reliability Driven - we value safety, high quality products and employee engagement in everything we do
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer ten times since the competition was established in 2007.
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
NFI Group is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions. News and information are available at [Link available when viewing the job], [Link available when viewing the job], [Link available when viewing the job], [Link available when viewing the job], [Link available when viewing the job], [Link available when viewing the job] and [Link available when viewing the job].