Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Supply Chain Quality, this person will be responsible for ensuring that quality and food safety objectives are met through commercialization, innovation, and other cross-function or cost savings projects. This is accomplished through acting as the Voice-of-Quality on cross-function business teams, identifying potential quality, regulatory and/or food safety risks of the project, and ensuring that all risks are properly measured, controlled or eliminated during the lifecycle of the project. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for developing programs and procedures to drive product quality from concept to launch – ensuring that commercialization, innovation and cost savings projects are aligned and support Morton Salt, regulatory, and customer requirements.
- Support cross-functional project teams in assessing and working with external partners and Morton Salt facilities to identify risks to products quality, safety or compliance, establish testing and evaluation procedures for commercialization, and ensure that manufacturing processes are in place to consistently deliver safe and high quality products after product launches.
- Work with Quality stakeholders within External Quality Management, Supplier Quality Manager, and Internal Quality, Food Safety and Regulatory teams to ensure compliance to all Morton Salt and regulatory standards are met throughout the commercialization process.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks or risk areas in the project that could impact the timing or quality to deliver new products on time and within budget.
- Travel as needed to meet with suppliers and manufacturing sites to support audits, trials, and other product launch and evaluation activities.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:Company Health & Wellness Program:We believe in enhancing the lives of employees, which is why we offer DASH – a holistic well-being program. DASH has 5 important dimensions: health, finance, work/life matters, social, and community.Attractive Benefits:You will receive an attractive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Paid Time Off, and Company Paid Holidays.Excellent Commuting:The location is perfectly situated near expressways and train stations for an easy commute!Job Requirements
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and is looking for a future team member with 8 years of quality assurance/quality engineering experience and a Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Engineering or other related field. In addition, this individual will have:
- Strong working knowledge of GMPs, Food Safety and Quality Management systems, HACCP, and FDA and CFIA requirements – FSMA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) Certification required; Food Safety and Quality Auditing experience or certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in quality support on new product development and successfully launching new products to market that meet or exceed regulatory and customer/consumer requirements.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving skills – Project Management Training and/or Six-Sigma Certification is desired.
- Experience cultivating strong relationships with key internal and external partners; Ability to communicate and present to senior management and cross-functional teams in a way that enables non-technical team members to understand the quality requirements.
- Technical experience in developing supplier assessments, establishing allowable defect levels, leading qualification processes, and determining ongoing quality measures.