The Builder Account Manager, Outside Sales, is responsible for obtaining appliance and/or plumbing product sales from customers in a specific geographic trade area of Monark Premium Appliance Co. The Builder Account Manager is responsible for managing and growing existing business-to-business (B2B) accounts across multiple industries and segments, including property management, single/multi-family builders, etc. This position works with the inside sales team within the showroom to maintain and grow existing accounts using the showroom vignettes for demonstration purposes to increase profitability of sales.
- Achieves and maintains sales performance and margin goals.
- Engages trade partners at their place of business and sells them on the benefits of buying appliances through Monark.
- Designs and sells kitchen packages, with upgrade options, directly to semi-custom production builders and multi-family developers in a geographic sales area.
- Develops new business target list, strategy, and tactics for new account acquisition, conducts meetings, presentations, site visits, produces quotes and closes product sales.
- Customarily and regularly identifies and initiates contact with key buying influences within target accounts to develop long-term business relationships and produce customer quotes, quality orders and referrals to the showroom.
- Maintains knowledge of local and industry trends, understands how Monark products and services can be successfully positioned within the market.
- Ensures profitability of each assigned project and account.
- Participates with trade associations for the purpose of networking, building business relationships and promoting Monark.
- Responsible for working cross functionally within Monark to ensure profitability of contracted projects.
- Manages travel and other customer-related expenses.
Education Experience: HS Graduate or Equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 1-2 Years
License/Certificate Required: No
Driver's License Required: Yes
Travel Requirements: 75%
Age Requirement: 18+
- Knowledge of business to business selling
- Knowledge of home building industry, including extensive knowledge and expertise within the custom/upscale segment.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Intermediate computer skills; MS Word, Excel and Outlook; and internet navigation capabilities.
- Well developed planning, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to present both product and service capabilities of the company in response to the unique needs of each customer.
- Travel locally 75%+ of the workweek within a given territory.
- Two or more years' experience selling in the home building industry
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school