Join us as a Backend Engineer (m/f/d) in Fleet Management in Berlin or Hamburg on a shared journey that matters!
Behind the scenes of our well-known vehicles, MOIA GmbH develops the technical products underlying MOIA. Our team of more than 200 employees develops an on-demand ridesharing service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
The enthusiasm we have is obvious. We love our cities, we love living in them and we love staying in motion with it. Simultaneously, we aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.
About your team
The Fleet Management team develops a digital product that enables users to operate big fleets of battery-electric vehicles efficiently. This includes self service solutions for hub employees, opening and closing our vehicles via the driver app and building overviews of the current state of the vehicle fleet. In your team you will ensure that the delivered software meets the highest engineering quality in terms of testability, performance and software architecture.
What you will do
- As a backend engineer you will build and maintain self-contained services
- You will own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver and operate serverless applications using AWS Lambda
- You will be part of a team which continuously improves software quality, applies code reviews, and encourages pair programming. You and your team will take ownership for the whole development cycle - from ideation over design to implementation and maintenance
What will help you to fulfill your role
- You are excited to work in high-performance teams, love solving problems, are eager to learn and can thrive in a startup culture
- Passion for software development and interest for working in agile teams using modern programming languages. Experience in Kotlin is a plus
- Experience in AWS, AWS Lambda and CDK would be ideal
- Experience with building and/or running distributed systems with Cloud Services
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, event-driven architecture, DevOps and a strong interest in further development
- Good communication skills and interest in being part of highly autonomous and cross-functional teams
- Fluent communication in English
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role yet. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Be who you are!
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. We are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary including bonus
- Flexible working hours & work arrangements
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Public transport ticket (full coverage) & discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidisation of a fitness club membership or a Swapfiets/JobRad
- Continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings & workshops, conferences & language classes
- Mental health trainings and consultation & company doctor
- 30 days of vacation
- Relocation support
- Dog-friendly offices
Get more insights on how we work on our blog or follow us on Twitter.