We are a well-funded, hyper-growth, scale-up looking for an experienced Data Systems Engineer with strong experience in the security industry. If you’ve ever dreamed of working with a top tier technology company scale-up, on leading edge technologies, backed by the very best venture capitalists in the world, then this is your chance.
Some details about MobSquad:
- MobSquad solves the significant and growing technology talent shortage faced by US-based start-ups and scale-ups by enabling our clients to quickly have a turnkey "virtual" Canadian subsidiary, where Canadian-based technology professionals work with our clients on an exclusive basis
- We’ve been featured in The Globe and Mail, Calgary Herald, The Financial Times (UK), BetaKit, CBC, Global News, and many other places. We’re most proud of our front-page article in The Washington Post, as well as our coverage on NPR
- We’re a Certified B Corporation, were recognized as one of Canada’s Best Places to Work in 2019, and have made a financial commitment to the Upside Foundation. We believe we are playing a key role in enhancing Canada’s innovation economy, and have received financial support from the Government of Canada, Province of Alberta, Province of Nova Scotia, and City of Calgary, to support this ambition
- You can learn more about us on our website
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role as a Senior Software Engineer, you will use Python to gather, process, and analyze large datasets and build data services that are used for software development. You’ll spend 80% of your time building highly scalable back-end services, and 20% of your time solving complex data processing problems.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a comparable field from an accredited institution
- You have over five years of experience with Python, Node.js, and Java in a cloud environment
- You have over three years of data engineering experience, and over five years of overall software engineering industry experience
- You have experience with webservice standards and protocols including REST, SOAP, GraphQL, Swagger/OpenAPI
- You have experience with large-scale SQL and NoSQL databases and datasets
- You have experience processing large datasets with Hive and Hadoop
- You have experience with big data formats and technologies including Spark, Parquet, Avro, ORC, HDFS, CephFS, HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Lucene
- You have experience with caching and load balancing to maintain highly scalable webservices
- You have experience designing, building, and maintaining large-scale data infrastructures
- You have experience with software development in a Linux and/or Unix environment
- You have experience creating and delivering microservice architectures
- You have experience providing zero downtime and continuous availability for large-scale distributed systems and technologies
- You have experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes
WHAT YOU'LL GET @MOBSQUAD
- A full-time position that offers competitive compensation
- A benefits program delivered through our bespoke digital platform, giving you control, choice, and flexibility. We give you the ability to build your package of benefits covering health (think medical, dental, vision), wellness (think gym, workout gear, massage, transit) and RRSP (think retirement)
- A downtown office location with first-rate amenities, surrounded by great restaurants and easily-accessible transit
- For international candidates, sponsorship for an immediate work permit, expedited permanent residency, and Canadian citizenship within four years.
At MobSquad, we support and encourage building a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and safe for all. We invite and welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.