About the team
The platform’s goal is to extend the power of visual collaboration to everyone, everywhere. To do so we are developing public APIs, SDKs, a Whiteboard-as-a-Service kit, and deep integrations into the leading online collaboration tools and platforms. Developers can integrate Miro into their own products, or build apps and integrations that extend the Miro whiteboard experience, and which can be distributed privately or published on the Miro Marketplace.
We already have over 200 apps built on our initial platform release, but this is just the beginning of our journey. Join us to create the platform on which the next big thing will be built!.
See how our community members share their experience using the platform -
Building Miro Plugins is Literally Life Changing
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the Role
In this role, you will work in the team developing the foundational technology for Miro’s platform. You will own and contribute to platform infrastructure, products, and services. Working closely with many of the world’s largest and most successful software platforms to bring the power of Miro to their products. Your work will be fundamental to the adoption of the Miro platform and the growth of our developer community.
What you’ll do
- Help build our Developer Platform, and enable the development of apps that will be used by millions of Miro users
- Build the components and tooling to make it quick and easy for third party developers to seamlessly integrate Miro into their products and services
- Identify and pursue new opportunities to enable developers to adopt Miro technology in their products, and provide them with additional flexibility and control in how the capabilities of Miro’s platform are offered to their users and customers
- Contribute to building high-value integrations into a world leading collaboration and productivity tools using these components
- Ensure that users of third party applications are smoothly introduced to Miro, and quickly understand and embrace the power and utility of Miro
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Backend development in major languages (Node.JS and Java preferred).
- Curiosity and desire to see Miro used in new and creative contexts
- 2-5 years experience working with React
- 2-5 years experience working in containerized environments (k8s)
- Experience working in a microservice ecosystem
- Experience working with cloud based technologies (AWS)
- Experience with OAuth, REST APIs, and databases (SQL/noSQL)
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 15 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
Check out our career page for all our open roles or hop onto this Miro board to learn more about us!