About the team
The Collaboration Core team builds a platform for real-time collaboration on the whiteboard.
We develop a collaboration layer on top of which other teams build features. Our focus is on the performance and stability in the face of constant user growth. One of the current goals is holding thousands of online participants for each board session.
Collaboration inside the team is as important as in product, that’s why we pay attention to warm relationships, microclimate, and self-development.
About the role
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer who will help us achieve ambitious goals. We expect you to have a strong software engineering experience, readiness to drive change and experiment in search of the best solution, understanding how to work with big loads, and be able to scale it. Be responsible for the important parts of the code and be willing to take difficult challenges.
The new team member will develop client-server communication based on web-socket and improve backend infrastructure to scale our services.
What you'll do
- Implement new features in collaboration with other teams
- Design technical architecture of new services and tools
- Improve client-server communication of the real-time collaboration platform
- Work on performance and scalability
- Isolate network layer from the application layer
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of backend experience. Java ecosystem is preferable, but other languages aren't blockers
- 5+ years of experience building robust, high-scale, distributed systems in production environments
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Curiosity and strong collaboration skills
- Understanding of high-load architecture and SaaS infrastructure
- You are highly motivated to develop high-quality solutions quickly and without mentorship
- Intermediate level of English or higher
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- TypeScript, WebSocket, Webpack, Canvas API, Redux, React
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux