Welcome to Mill Creek! We’re glad you’re here! At Mill Creek Residential, we believe that every associate is imperative to the success of our organization. We believe in embracing our core values and in the power of People, Places and Relationships.
The Community Manager drives financial performance, operational and leasing excellence, and delivers outstanding customer service at an apartment community. Provides leadership and management for the community operations and maintenance teams. This position is responsible for setting performance standards and coaching, developing, and empowering associates towards achievement of desired business outcome.
- Manage financial aspects of operations for the assigned community (or communities) that contribute to the business goals.
- Develop, implement, and monitor programs to maximize revenue, maintain expense control, and increase value.
- Ensure community (communities) maintain brand standards including property presentation, marketing, office and model appearance and associate appearance.
- Oversee pricing and occupancy strategies.
- Oversee administration and completion of the resident renewal move-in and move out process.
- Maintain accurate and in-depth knowledge of community inventory, pricing and availability as well as general knowledge of competitors.
- Assist in preparation of community budget.
- Provide thorough and strategic monthly reforecast, monthly operating report, and executive summary of operations.
- Manage performance of subordinates. Conduct performance appraisals; provide development support; make decisions regarding hiring or termination of community associates.
- Review and analyze operations reports to track community performance and understand the impact of local economic conditions on community operations.
- Review and approve, or submit for approval, all contracts within the limits defined by Mill Creek Residential budget authority levels.
- Anticipate and communicate significant departures from the budget immediately and in accordance with the company policy and standards.
- Partner with community Service Manager to review and recommend capital improvements and capital programs for expense management.
- Address and complete all other duties as assigned
- Requires 3-5 years of progressive responsibility in multi-family, with 2 years of on-site property management supervisory experience.
- Champion the Mill Creek Brand Promise, Core Values, Service Standards and Manifesto.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Lease-up experience is required.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, plus hands-on experience with YARDI and Entrata.
- Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing laws and OSHA requirements.
- Commitment to, and passion for, providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic; such as, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Strong communication skills.
Mill Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you ready to contribute to the success of Mill Creek Residential? If so, apply today and become part of an organization that believes in uncompromising integrity, celebrating successes, continuous improvement, and working hard, smart and together!