This position will travel 1 day a week
Provides clinical services according to State guidelines and under the supervision of the Attending Physician.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of approved program for Medical Assistant, Nurse Aide, or Patient Care Technician training preferred.
- 1+ years of Clinical/medical office setting experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in a healthcare setting strongly preferred.
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
- Assessment Based Recognition in Order Entry Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants must be obtained within 90 days of hire OR current CMA/EMT license required.
C. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in computer usage.
- Must possess excellent reading and comprehension skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work in a high-pace facility and multi-task.
- Must be able to travel to various locations throughout the corporation.
- Requires constant and frequent judgment and ability to solve problems.
- Supports the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Corporation.
- Supports Physicians and other staff in all offices as needed.
- Follows all applicable local, state, and federal laws while adhering to the provisions of the Corporate Compliance Program.
- Provide care to patients consistent with identified medical regimens; responsive to patient, family, and patient's insurance carrier requests.
- Performs preoperative assessment of patient and confirms completion of required documentation and authorization.
- Order and/or refill prescriptions only with physician's authorization.
- Responsible for scheduling depositions and Independent Medical Examinations (IMEs) for physicians.
- Works as a team member in any position or clinic location as required.
- Utilizes strong communication, time management, organizational, multi-tasking, and customer service skills necessary in order to complete the tasks at hand.
- Uses the computer software systems to input information and communicate with other members of the organization.
- Uses the general office equipment (i.e. copier, scanner, printer, fax, and telephones) to perform the necessary clinical functions.
- Answers the telephone as needed in a courteous and timely manner, taking messages in legible penmanship and forwarding messages to appropriate parties.
- Considers patient rights in performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains confidentiality of information pertaining to patients, Physicians, employees, and guests per the Confidentiality Agreement and Policy.
- Assists Physicians in multiple requests on a regular basis and assists fellow staff members whenever possible.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a high volume environment.
- Prioritizes tasks in order of importance and uses down time in a constructive manner without prompting.
- Maintains quality of work while handling multiple tasks throughout the day.
- Handles stressful situations while maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Develops and maintains a good working rapport with interdepartmental personnel as well as physicians, supervisors, patients, visitors, and other department areas within the facility.
- Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
- Communicates with personnel throughout the corporation on a regular basis.
- Recognizes and reports until problems/issues, using established lines of authority.
- Maintains and promotes professional competence through continuing education and other learning experiences.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Complies with Attendance and Tardiness policies with proper notice of absences and proper arrival and departure times.
- Dresses appropriately in accordance with department policies.
- Attends required departmental meetings to stay current with department changes/updates and educational opportunities.
- Provides/Assists with training and orientation of new staff when applicable.
- Participates in the proper procedures to follow for safety programs, adherences to standard precautions, reports unsafe conditions, and verbalizes occurances.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.