The Divisional Sales Manager provides direct support to the Sales function by assisting Senior Division Leadership by serving as a primary sales coach to the frontline sales organization. They are expected to embrace and help establish an active sales culture within their Division. The position is responsible for the coaching, training and evaluation of sales staff through daily interaction in the field. They also support the ongoing review and analysis of sales programs and incentives, and work to streamline processes to support the simplification of field sales efforts. Serves as a liaison with Marketing, Operations, Design Center, Land and other operating units throughout the division.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides on-going and intensive, coaching, training, and feedback to sales staff. This includes the review and analysis of shops, game films, system usage and providing specific coaching feedback on observed performance.
- This position requires spending the majority of each day in the field working with Sales Associates on their presentation to buyers. Regularly visits and inspects sales offices and communities for improvement opportunities.
- Reviews sales goals regularly and evaluate performance against these goals at a community and individual performer level.
- Regularly provides specific performance feedback to sales associates through established performance review processes. Formal documentation of feedback needs to be provided as needed using the progressive disciplinary process, as soon as a serious deficiency is observed.
- Reviews competitors and market research regularly and serves as an internal expert on both new and used home product in assigned markets.
- Reviews the sales numbers for your business regularly (prices, inventory, backlog, etc.) and use them to evaluate the effectiveness of your sales and incentive programs.
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of processes and work; streamline wherever possible; delegate administrative work to other staff or functions as appropriate.
- Helps ensures accuracy and integrity of sales data maintained in Enterprise One and Salesforce system. Takes ownership of the sale numbers for the division.
- Interacts as needed with other departments and functions such as Design Center, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Accounting, Land Acquisition, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent work experience
Real Estate License is highly preferred. Once hired, obtaining the necessary, state specific, Real Estate License may be REQUIRED.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in the homebuilding industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Lead Sales or Sales Management role required with a heavy emphasis on coaching and training. Experience coaching, managing, and mentoring sales staff in a public homebuilding environment is highly preferred.
- Complete understanding of the sales process and the selling cycle as it relates to the new home sales environment.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills - must be effective at providing detailed and specific feedback to staff to equip them to meet identified business goals. Must be effective at giving and receiving feedback.
- Strong computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Windows Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to evaluate data and information (Enterprise One reports, Market Research Data, etc.) to make business decisions.
Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage Homes is the place for you! From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. ? Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR® Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives. With over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for professionals who are self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital asset
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best