Event Assistant - Restaurant/ Bar Work Experience Wanted
#ExperienceMKI #EnjoyWhatYourDO #SoulCreativityLove
Something new and exciting is coming to Jacksonville for all candidates with experience in the hospitality sector. If you have experience working in night clubs or bars or restaurants, maybe you have been a server for a long time but hate the hours? You can transition all of your skills into the events industry for better pay and much better hours!!!
Here at Meraki, we provide tailored events services to some of the largest companies in the US. As a valuable member of our events team you will have a unique, proactive, unforgettable and memorable experience.
So if you are looking for something new and challenging this year, don’t wait for something to come to you, knock on the door, click apply and experience MKI.
Event Assistant - What’s in it for you?
- An enjoyable, diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Paid training to ensure support and professional growth - Our diligent training allows us to develop multiple ways to distinguish our staff, resources, and accuracy.
- Competitive compensation and regular bonuses
- Travel Opportunities (Restrictions willing)
- Flexible working schedules (minimum of 3 full days a week)
Event Assistant Duties:
- Working directly with customers, greeting customers, dealing with customer enquiries at our private events.
- Offer all event customers assistance with products and services.
- Resolve any customer question or issue helping to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Assist with the setting up, maintenance and overall atmosphere of the events.
- Share customer service best practice with the team to ensure the customer experience is always top tier.
- Identify sales opportunity and offer suitable product/services that will add value to new or existing customers.
- Upsell our clients products and services
- Complete sales transactions
- Ensure that all sales and records have been accurately entered into our system
- Organize and maintain all promotional displays
- Attend weekly meetings and daily training sessions
*Keep in mind, we do offer full training for our new hires, however, because we are looking for an immediate start we will be looking at local applications first*
Events Assistant Requirements:
YOU MUST have a great personality, an even a better sense of humor, and the ability to have fun whilst you work!
- You are someone who is 18 years of age or older
- You are legal to work in the USA (Work Visas and Authorizations are welcome)
- You enjoy working with people and interacting with them
- You have amazing communication skills, both verbal and written
- Some sales experience is preferred but not required
- You work well under pressure and can meet tight deadlines
If this sounds like you and you are over the age of 18 ~ CLICK APPLY TODAY ~
What you need to do: Please ensure that your resume includes your current contact information. Both cell phone number and email address would be great.
How long will it take? We will be looking to make a decision on your application within 1 week of submission.
What we will do: Successful candidates will receive an email from us, which will include an interview invite. Please keep an eye on your email account and also your spam/junk folder to ensure you don’t miss your offer.
Note: Due to the current situation all interviews are carried out via zoom call.