UI/UX Developers at the MedStar Simulation Training & Education Lab (SiTEL) craft user interfaces that enhances the learning and development of MedStar Health associates.
Developers will collaborate with colleagues and end users to understand needs and translate them into user interface designs that deliver effective, intuitive and enjoyable experiences.
Our products include web and mobile applications that support digital, classroom, and experiential learning.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, UI/UX or equivalent.
5+ years experience in UI/UX development.
- High proficiency in HTML/CSS.
- experience with ReactJS is nice to have.
- Ability to rapidly prototype at varying levels of fidelity, from paper to functional front-end code.
- Demonstrated ability to apply user-centered design principles and practices.
- Knowledge of web and mobile usability standards and design patterns.
- Ability to create responsive designs and work around cross-browser compatibility issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Iteratively designs prototypes and user interface specifications
- Creates high quality designs with cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
- Researches and helps implement new tools and technologies to support design and development
- Participates in peer code reviews
- Collaborates with product team to conduct user research, evaluate user feedback, and analyze application use data
- Maintains knowledge of user experience best practices and design trends
- Works with the team lead and product manager to understand deliverables and define project plans and communicates any technical issues and determines alternative solutions.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
About MedStar Health MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment. MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations. A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.